The turtle garden today

Status
Not open for further replies.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
Today was so warm, so everyone was up. Chewy went for a swim, trying to catch a goldfish. It was very comical to watch her underwater wating for one to pass by. Who said box turtles can't swim!

061.jpg

I didn't catch any!
052.jpg

Some ground venison for Chewy, since she didn't catch any fish
064.jpg

No photo fixing here. Kit has the most beautiful orange coloring. Can't wait to see how she's going to look as an adult.
008-1.jpg

Little Ben, my only Three Toed, will be 3 in September '12
041-1.jpg

Millie my Gulf Coast, in the cave. I think Millie is becoming a Milton.
018-1.jpg

And Pi...always on the hunt looking for a fight or a female...I still don't know.
029-2.jpg

Just a few goldfish in the little pond
007-5.jpg

Pi wishing he could catch a fish
009-4.jpg

The bad part about starting all over with box turtle hatchling and juvenile's is that you can't tell what they will become..male or female. It's looking like there are two potential males besides Pi, with three (pretty sure of) females. I could never part with any of these males, as I have them since they were so little, so they better get along!

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
You have such a wonderful garden, I hope I can create something like yours when its time for mine to go outside...

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Gorgeous Terry! You always say you are jealous of my enclosures... But you have NO idea how envious I am of yours! I really need to get some nice, thick, bushy plants like you have.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
WOW!!! That looks like turtle paradise- just the kind of thing I'd like to have!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Stop it. You are giving me the bug to add a couple Boxies to my pond. Your torts are beautiful and so photogenic. I love the natural look. Fantastic job:D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Chewy is turning out so colorful. Her full sister is still in the drab brown stage.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Thank you everyone.
Kristina....The difference is, your's looks like a natural habitat for box turtles, something you would see when herping in the woods. I LOVE your habitats. Mine is a garden with some box turtles in it. If only I had the room, I would have a habitat like yours, with a garden on one side.
Yvonne, Chewy is very colorful, with a beautiful face and no more bug eyes, but they kind of slant up now. She is a beautiful female with very vivid coloring on her shell. Her and Pi are the only two that I know what their sex is for sure. The others I'm not 100 % sure yet. Even the rescues I got from Julie were juveniles. It's hard starting all over.

jfb2733 said:
I am just curious as to how deep the pond for your turtles is.

It's a very small pond. 30 gal. I put a lot of river rocks in to make it more shallow, but the middle is deeper, and they have to swim across. I have a smaller one on the other side of the garden for the smaller turtles. Just a big plant saucer.

027-2.jpg

Hunahpu

5 Year Member
Colorado
Such a gorgeous garden and turtles! They look so healthy and happy.

Tyrtle

5 Year Member
Arvada, Colorado
The picture of KiT is so beautiful. I'd call that one a prize winner! Your garden is so beautiful.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
So pretty! I hope my babies grow up to be as pretty as yours.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Tyrtle said:
The picture of KiT is so beautiful. I'd call that one a prize winner! Your garden is so beautiful.

Thank you. I got Kit and Kat from the rescue in Long Island. They were both so little. I'm starting to think Kit is a male now. That would make three males. I hope they get along, because I don't know how I could part with any of them.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Terry nothing makes my day more, then coming on and getting to see more of your simply awesome and gorgeous enclosures. Even just looking at the pictures, makes you want to stop, relax, and let the day's worries float away as you take time for your eyes to feast on the beauty, while your inner child just smiles and laughs at the turtles. Thank you!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Jacqui said:
Terry nothing makes my day more, then coming on and getting to see more of your simply awesome and gorgeous enclosures. Even just looking at the pictures, makes you want to stop, relax, and let the day's worries float away as you take time for your eyes to feast on the beauty, while your inner child just smiles and laughs at the turtles. Thank you!

Wow! Thank you.....:shy:

Tccarolina

10 Year Member!
CA
Nice shots of Chewy! He's really developing a lot of color.
Have any of them ever caught a fish, as far as you know?

Steve

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I've never seen any catch one, but I had five and now there's four. I always look at the feeder fish in the pet store, and some of them are so pretty so I just took 5 on impulse.

Status
Not open for further replies.