The weirdest thing you have eaten

Totally_Tortoise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Madera California
What is the weirdest thing you've ever eaten? mine was probably a grilled scorpion or don't ask why, a concoction of hot sauce and random things on a boy scout trip. it was for 5 bucks.

Jay Bagley

Michigan
What is the weirdest thing you've ever eaten? mine was probably a grilled scorpion or don't ask why, a concoction of hot sauce and random things on a boy scout trip. it was for 5 bucks.
I went to a wild game banquet at a friend of mine's church. Deep fried breaded deer testicles, and muskrat stew. Surprisingly neither was all that bad, but definitely not a staple in my diet.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I lived in Guam and Saipan for two years. Many Micronesians live there who came from hunter/gatherer societies and would literally eat anything that washed up on the shore, and we would often eat what they ate.

I dare not say everything I have eaten there, but some of the more "interesting" items include dog, squid and every part of the pig that is edible. I do mean every part by the way...the intestines being my least favorite. Dog ranks just slightly above pig intestines.

Bambam1989

East Texas
I've had emu, alligator, rattlesnake, rabbit..
I started a thread similar to this one shortly after joining.
We discussed different foods that we had tried and if there was anything that we would not or could not eat.
I was surprised by how many people won't eat sour cream, cottage cheese, and even yogurt.
I believe @Tom beat all of us on trying exotic food...

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Lol. yeah I bet that stuff can keep for decades lol
Every time we go to the store I buy 10 cans of Spagettios. My wife is continually telling me we already have a ton. I keep telling her we need enough to last our whole family for a month! Spagettios may not sound appealing to some people, but let those same people go without food for a few days with no prospect of finding food anytime soon, and then see what they'd be willing to trade me for a can of Spagettios. WITH MEATBALLS!!!

I'll be a rich man.

Bambam1989

East Texas
Every time we go to the store I buy 10 cans of Spagettios. My wife is continually telling me we already have a ton. I keep telling her we need enough to last our whole family for a month! Spagettios may not sound appealing to some people, but let those same people go without food for a few days with no prospect of finding food anytime soon, and then see what they'd be willing to trade me for a can of Spagettios. WITH MEATBALLS!!!

I'll be a rich man.
I have a ton of canned sardines and herring fillets. Canned tuna, chicken and so much other stuff.. spam I just can't like it.
Canned spaghettios are good, I also like the raviolis

Michael Malone

Dallas, Tx

I'll be a rich man.

Lol I do the same thing. Every time we go shopping i get cans of chili and my wife says we have chili. I just reply u can never have to much and just continue to load up the buggy lol I
love spaghetti O's I grew up fairly poor so it was spaghetti Os and grilled cheeses all the time lol

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Every time we go to the store I buy 10 cans of Spagettios. Spagettios. WITH MEATBALLS!!!
I'll be a rich man.

I think I’ll be a far happier and richer man while I enjoy things like canned New England clam chowder (which keeps as long) and other good foods that keep equally as long yet actually tastes good and is as good or better tasting for when TSHTF !!!!

Bambam1989

East Texas
I think I’ll be a far happier and richer man while I enjoy things like canned New England clam chowder (which keeps as long) and other good foods that keep equally as long yet actually tastes good and is as good or better tasting for when TSHTF !!!!
It's not a matter of IF it will hit than fan.. it's a matter of when and how!
Prepare today and you may become a canned food God in the future! Hahaha
Shhhh vodka, stop talking, people will think we are crazy

Bee62

Germany
Sometimes I eat pig ears or pig tongue ( cooked ). I like the taste. Tongue is a very soft or tender meat. Cow tongue too.
I often eat raw meat: beef, minced beef or liver.
I tried roman snails but would not eat them regulary.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Again I say, when the SHTF, I’m so happy I can distill my own whiskey. Now I’m looking for the grain…I know my cases won’t last forever.
I know a guy with an apple tree that makes 150 proof "brandy". So smooth, but you only need a little sip.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Sometimes I eat pig ears or pig tongue ( cooked ). I like the taste. Tongue is a very soft or tender meat. Cow tongue too.
I often eat raw meat: beef, minced beef or liver.
I tried roman snails but would not eat them regulary.

I ate snails in South Africa regularly. Typically served with a creamy buttery garlic sauce. MMMmmmmmmmm…

Over here, the Mexicans eat a lot of beef tongue tacos. I like them too. "La lingua". They also have "cabeza", AKA brain. I tried the "moronga", blood tacos, but didn't care for those. "Menudo", intestine, can be good, but it depends on how its prepared. They also have a lot of dishes with "nopales", our beloved spineless opuntia. Mexicans know their food! Probably my favorite food in all the world. The best food I've ever had anywhere on the globe was in Mexico City.