Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
... I never have the words in these situations.

My heart goes out to you and yours. I wish you nothing but the best from here on.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Awwww sweetie, I'm so sorry you lost your mom/best friend. I completely understand how it feels to lose your mom. My mom was taken from me 3 years ago from breast cancer. We were 19 yrs apart and very close as you and your mom were. I promise you, it does get better.
I know it feels like it won't but it will in time. I hope you have support from your family and friends.
Don't be afraid to see a doctor if you feel the need. There are wonderful meds that will help you through this heartbreaking time. Just know your mom is in a wonderful place.
oxoxoxoxoxo

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Stephanie if I could I would give you a big hug. Life isn't always good to us. Just know that your mom is still watching over you and guiding you, and does have Piglet in her hand.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I am so sorry. I just do not have the words to say how bad I feel for you. :(

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Stephanie how are you doing sweetie? I have been thinking about you!! We're all here if you want to vent!
oxoxoxoxo

81SHOVELHEAD

5 Year Member
Galveston TX
Stephanie
So sorry to here about your lost of your Mom & Piglet .
If there is anything we can do the TFO family is here for you .
Will keep you in my Prayers .
Stay strong it will get better i promise you.
Mike D.

Stephanie

5 Year Member
Southern California
Wow, I can't even begin to say how overwhelmed I feel at the support from my fellow TFOers...this is going to be a long post because I really wanted to thank each of you individually. As silly as it sounds, this is the first time in weeks that I have felt a little better about everything that has happened. It's one thing to hear condolences from family and (supposed) family friends, but to hear kindess from people who don't even know me...I don't even have the proper words to say thank you.

chase thorn said:
im so sorry for your losses :(

Thank you kindly, Chase

Calamala said:
I can not give you any suggestions on your Piglet, but I just wanted to say how very sorry I am for your loss. I lost my father to a car accident a little over three years ago. We too were very close, we worked a retail store together for 10 years, we were next door neighbors, and he ate dinner with me and the family 5+ nights a week. The morning he died we planned grouper dinner and by dinner time he was gone. My whole life flipped upside down and I broke. To this day I miss him just as much as the first week, BUT....it is different kind of emotions. I can now talk about him with great joy and remembrance, and not cry. I can look at his pictures and smile. So as cliche' as it sounds I promise you...IT DOES GET BETTER!!! Again I am so sorry for your loss, as I know all to well how it feels to loose your best pet as well. :(

Thank you kindly, and I am so sorry about your father...that's truly awful. I am looking forward to the day that I can look at her pictures and smile, and if luck will present itself, that day will come sooner rather than later

DixieParadise said:
Stephanie, I am so sorry for your loss. I know what it is to have a close family member be your best friend. And lose that person. I also know what it is to love a pet just as a family member and lose that pet.

I don't think you did anything wrong. You saw the problem and you were trying to help. It just didn't work out this time. Don't beat yourself up and ask why...because we may never know why.

Thank you kindly
I am not sure what happened to Piglet, but I am slowly excepting that "stuff" happens sometimes...
I don't think it's fair, and I'm angered that it remains a mystery, but I am comforted with knowing that I myself (to the best of my knowledge) did not do anything to exacerbate his condition

Turtle Guru said:
I'm sorry for your losses, and I will and have Prayed for you the LORD is always their for you, I wanted to let you know that. Sorry again.

Thank you kindly, and thank you for your prayer. I'd prefer the lord be with my mother, which I am sure He is ...

Claireabbo said:
im sooo sorry for your losses! if you ever need anyone to talk to i will be here and im sure everyone else on here would too. i cant answer your question im sorry... :(

Thank you kindly, Claire, and no worries about the question regarding Piglet- I understand as I myself do not have a solid answer

terryo said:
I am so sorry about your little tortoise. Sometimes these things happen and we just never will know why.
I know how you must feel loosing your Mom. I too lost my best friend in all the world. My son. Someone sent me a mass card and wrote this to me, and it helped me, so I hope it helps you too.
"You'll never get over it. It's never going to be OK, and once you accept that you realize you never want to get over it. Just kind of let it sit with you and let it be a part of who you are now."
The only thing I can say is that time will never heal your loss, but soon it will be a little easier to accept. Hugs....

Terry, I do not have the proper words to say how sorry I am for the loss of your son. That quote is SO helpful though, even comforting. It made me feel like a weight was being lifted off of my shoulders. I have been just waiting for time to make it better, but in some ways it has just made it worse and more real. School started, and my lunch buddy wasn't there (she worked right near my campus). I'm taking English and she was an English major...Psychology and she almost minored in that...it just seems like every little thing reminds me of her. The worst thing, I must say, is seeing other girls my age be rude to their mothers. It makes me see red (though I logically know their rudeness may be warranted in some cases, emotionally I cannot watch it).
Thank you for the hugs...I send many your way, too!

maggie3fan said:
That's just awful and you have my condolences. It sounds to me like he was gasping for air, did the watermelon have seeds? I can't remember if Piglet is big or small but could he have choked on a seed? I'm just real sorry, I certainly know how confusing and angry that would make you. I really know how you feel...

The watermelon had those thin white seeds, but I took them out (I had to cut it up for him; Piglet was a tiny little guy). Maybe I missed one...if that's the case, I'm glad I don't know, because I wouldn't forgive myself.
Thank you kindly for the idea, Maggie. It's a good theory...

Lulu said:
I am very sorry for your losses. I hope that you do not question yourself too much about Piglet. I do not think I would have done anything differently, and sometimes these things happen and there is nothing we can do to prevent them.

I am also very close to my mother, and I cannot imagine losing her. My condolences.

Thank you kindly, and that made me smile to hear how close you are to your mother. I'm sure you will not have to deal with that for decades to come. Thank you again

sharkstar said:
my deepest sympathy for the passing of your mom, and now the added burden of losing Piglet. When my mom died, I wanted to die also. I never knew depression could be so deep. It takes a long time, but it does get easier.... Please continue to post here - we are all here for you.

My prayers and hugs for you and your family. I'm sorry I cannot add any info regarding Piglet.

Thank you kindly; I am going to post as much as possible. I honestly, again, just am overwhelmed by the kindess everyone has shown me. My mom and I always told each other how much we loved each other and how we couldn't bear the idea of losing the other...I, too, wanted nothing more than to go with her. I realize I can't, but I can definitely share those feelings of depression...
Thank you kindly for the hugs and prayers

lynnedit said:
You have been through unbearable losses. Piglet died so suddenly, you can't blame yourself. You simply did not have time to do anything else.
So sorry to hear about your Mom.

Thank you kindly; I just wish I knew what happened to Piglet. Some things in life just have to remain a mystery, I suppose

Torty Mom said:
I am so sorry for the loss of your Mother, losing a parent is so hard. We are here for you and don't mind if you cry on our shoulders, that what friends are for! {{{{HUGS}}}}

Thank you kindly, and thank you even more for the hugs. I send hugs, too
You guys truly are a great comfort. I know I've said it already, but I cannot thank everyone enough

SulcataSquirt said:
I know you've heard it over and over - but I too am sorry for both of your losses. I can only imagine how it feels to lose two close family members in the same month. Pets become family. Don't spend your days dwelling wondering how it could of happened - but like you said, know that Piglet is in good hands with your mother. I hope that things will begin to look up for you and that your family, husband, can help you through it all.
-C

I agree with pets being family. I am comforted with Piglet being with my mother...that's what I am holding onto the most. If I can't figure out what caused Piglet's sudden departure, I can at least keep solace with the idea of Piglet being in the hands of someone who loved him as much as I did.
Thank you kindly

Tom said:
... I never have the words in these situations.

My heart goes out to you and yours. I wish you nothing but the best from here on.

Thank you kindly, Tom. Thank you kindly for the well wishes

Momof4 said:
Awwww sweetie, I'm so sorry you lost your mom/best friend. I completely understand how it feels to lose your mom. My mom was taken from me 3 years ago from breast cancer. We were 19 yrs apart and very close as you and your mom were. I promise you, it does get better.
I know it feels like it won't but it will in time. I hope you have support from your family and friends.
Don't be afraid to see a doctor if you feel the need. There are wonderful meds that will help you through this heartbreaking time. Just know your mom is in a wonderful place.
oxoxoxoxoxo

I'm so sorry about the loss of your mother. It makes me smile to know she has a daughter that is as kind as you are. Maybe her and my mom can swap stories while checking in on us from time to time..I am comforted by the idea that my mother is in a wonderful place
Thank you kindly for sharing that with me

DesertGrandma said:
Stephanie if I could I would give you a big hug. Life isn't always good to us. Just know that your mom is still watching over you and guiding you, and does have Piglet in her hand.

Thank you kindly, and thank you for the hug. Just reading about hugs is more than enough...and I hope she can watch over me, otherwise I feel pretty silly for just kinda telling things to the air..I'm sure she hears me one way or another..

Angi said:
I am so sorry. I just do not have the words to say how bad I feel for you. :(

Thank you kindly; please don't worry about finding the right words, your post meant a lot to me, thank you again

Momof4 said:
Stephanie how are you doing sweetie? I have been thinking about you!! We're all here if you want to vent!
oxoxoxoxo

This week has been hectic; I won't bore anyone with details. I feel bad that I haven't been able to post until now. Thank you kindly for keeping me in your thoughts!

81SHOVELHEAD said:
Stephanie
So sorry to here about your lost of your Mom & Piglet .
If there is anything we can do the TFO family is here for you .
Will keep you in my Prayers .
Stay strong it will get better i promise you.
Mike D.

Thank you kindly for keeping me in your prayers, Mike. It is really appreciated

FranklinTturtle said:
Sorry about your mom and your Piglet.

Thank you kindly

I hope I got everyone..I'm so sorry it took me so long to reply, but I thank you all for the great responses. The warmth I feel is wonderful..it's a beam of light in a dark time

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
Don't apologize - you are allowed to take all the time you need. Just glad to see you are still here and posting with us and didn't just run away.

Stephanie

5 Year Member
Southern California
SulcataSquirt said:
Don't apologize - you are allowed to take all the time you need. Just glad to see you are still here and posting with us and didn't just run away.

I have a problem with lurking on my phone, but I'm trying to slowly get back into the swing of things..

Status
Not open for further replies.