Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
This happened to Jerry Fife last week. I follow him on FB, this death has been terrible for him. When they couldn't pick up the grown very heavy tortoise, they ran over it. How awful.

NorCal tortoise guy

5 Year Member
Northern California
Can anyone post the videos of the criminals? I want to study them and see if I can find anything that would ID them.
Jerry posted it on the TTPG face book group I don’t do face book but my wife showed it to me. Let me know if you need it and I’ll get her to send me a link to it

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Can anyone post the videos of the criminals? I want to study them and see if I can find anything that would ID them.
@Tom - The Inside Edition video report is the best quality I have seen of all the posted videos. It is the video in the original link posted in post #1. You just have to sit through a 30 second commercial to see it. At one point it almost looks like you could see and read what is on the front license plate if enhanced a bit.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
This is incredibly sad.

In another video, it looks like there was a 3rd person running back to the truck as well, but that could have been Jerry. Looks like they're wearing crocks or sandals or something. That makes me think this was more of a random act and not planned very well. Perhaps someone close by or even a passerby that saw the tortoise during the daytime and came back at night.

I was watching the TTPG live chat this evening and they made a good point, that perhaps in a week this story could be forgotten about if we don't continue to share this and discuss it. I think it's up to all of us in the tortoise community to keep repeating this story to keep it fresh until these people are caught.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
This is incredibly sad.

In another video, it looks like there was a 3rd person running back to the truck as well, but that could have been Jerry. Looks like they're wearing crocks or sandals or something. That makes me think this was more of a random act and not planned very well. Perhaps someone close by or even a passerby that saw the tortoise during the daytime and came back at night.

I was watching the TTPG live chat this evening and they made a good point, that perhaps in a week this story could be forgotten about if we don't continue to share this and discuss it. I think it's up to all of us in the tortoise community to keep repeating this story to keep it fresh until these people are caught.

That is exactly why I posted it.
I don’t want it to be forgotten and justice for jasmine disapear.
There is also a link (I think I posted in
“The cold dark room” for a
“Go fund me” page.
I’ll try to find it again and then all of you can send it to even more people that you know.
How horribly sad ..
I still feel like it was my own that it happened to!
I get very teary eyed every time I speak about it!
Poor man... I cannot even imagine how he feels right now. ???

Skip K

Virginia
The police need to post a reward...because sadly it might be the only way to get someone who knows something to report what they know. But catching them would be only half the battle. Would the justice system mete out what us tort lovers would consider appropriate punishment or factor in that whoever did this is more than likely committing other crimes?

MEEJogja

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Indonesia
It is nice to go down the list of donors and see so many familiar names from this forum. Great job guys!
You might have a chuckle if you find the name I decided to go for ?

Jan A

Boulder, CO
This is incredibly sad.

The police need to post a reward...because sadly it might be the only way to get someone who knows something to report what they know. But catching them would be only half the battle. Would the justice system mete out what us tort lovers would consider appropriate punishment or factor in that whoever did this is more than likely committing other crimes?
No, sadly not in today's envronment. But I'm all for an eye-for-an-eye in the absence of law & order.