They grew Roots [emoji119]

Billna the 2

Location (City and/or State)
Smoaks sc
Tom and I did a little experiment with the pads the deal was to take some that was just picked and plant it and take some and leave it out for 2weeks then plant them, well from the looks of it they both grew Roots but I did notice that the ones that I left out for 2weeks had some how grew Roots.
IMG_20180907_184918.jpeg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I could have answered that for you with out you having too wait and see. The cut ones, cut some of the pad off at the stem end, seem too grow roots faster from what I have found with or without planting. But, yes, they grow roots no matter what you do or don't do too them.

Billna the 2

Smoaks sc
I could have answered that for you with out you having too wait and see. The cut ones, cut some of the pad off at the stem end, seem too grow roots faster from what I have found with or without planting. But, yes, they grow roots no matter what you do or don't do too them.
Oh ok thanks[emoji23]

cpgfarms

Pomona California
Yes they are wild and these are the domesticated kind. I went to Michoacan Mexico two years ago and the "wild" cactus over there grows everywhere and I mean everywhere. Those pads have like 3in spines growing in all directions. Some were growing on trees and rocks. The roots penetrated the rocks... seems kinda lame but looks crazy in person.

Billna the 2

Smoaks sc
Yes they are wild and these are the domesticated kind. I went to Michoacan Mexico two years ago and the "wild" cactus over there grows everywhere and I mean everywhere. Those pads have like 3in spines growing in all directions. Some were growing on trees and rocks. The roots penetrated the rocks... seems kinda lame but looks crazy in person.
Is it still good for torts?

Minority2

Tortoise Hell
Is it still good for torts?

Broad-leaf weeds and flowers> Succulents > Store bought greens.

Portions of succulents can safely be offered daily if your tortoise is given enough fiber rich weeds and flowers to go with it. Removing the spines is completely optional.