They grow up so fast.....

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
Kerry came over yesterday to go to the Dr with me. Afterwards, we went to the local park to watch the turtles.

When we got back to my house, we decided to weigh Matilda.

Little Matilda is approx 26mos old.

She gained 21 gms since 7-8-22 and now is a "staggering" 187 grams!

She's never been a fan of the scale where she has no traction............so Kerry had to run interference for me.
20220815_153748.jpg

augie1975

ontario
Kerry came over yesterday to go to the Dr with me. Afterwards, we went to the local park to watch the turtles.

When we got back to my house, we decided to weigh Matilda.

Little Matilda is approx 26mos old.

She gained 21 gms since 7-8-22 and now is a "staggering" 187 grams!

She's never been a fan of the scale where she has no traction............so Kerry had to run interference for me.
View attachment 348882
Great combination. Cute healthy and growing.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Duh.....all these years of having turtles......an inverted cup. Sometimes I suspect that my insight to the obvious isn't nearly as sharp as I think it is! I won't forget to zero it before placing her on the scale!

I got an electronic scale from NIH in the early 80's(I wasn't a "fine upstanding citizen" yet- had an xray machine too but that's another story) and they were valued in the "several thousands" and it was out when friends visited. Do I need to tell you guys the various questions they asked while checking my freezer, cereal boxes and cookie jar for some sort of powder??? LOL....it was pretty funny as they all knew that was way above my risk tolerance and wouldn't touch it~! Then someone turned it over...."N.I.H.".............they were relieved that I stole it! That's wrong on so many levels.....just so wrong....LOL

zolasmum

5 Year Member
There is something so cute and endearing about her little tail, and the position of her back legs - such a sweet little creature !!
Angie

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
There is something so cute and endearing about her little tail, and the position of her back legs - such a sweet little creature !!
Angie
I agree. Totally adorable! How do we particular humans get to this fine point of appreciation for something so alien to our own species? It's such a privilege to learn to appreciate and love these totally different creatures!

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Okay. this now begs the question; Which one do we ignore? LMAO

Another question, related to Tammy comment is that we humans, most of us anyway, tend to believe that if we make FIRST CONTACT, we will somehow be able to communicate with them.............

While after 3 million years(Lucy is 3.2m right?), we still cannot communicate with any WILD animal here!

Yeah, turtles have little defenses yet they persist........complete self reliant.....yeah, they are cool!