Things to look for when buying a yellow foot hatchling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rover15

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ontario canada
Hey guys I've spent the better part of my day looking for tips and things to look for when buying yellow foot hatchlings and came up short. I'm interested in what I should look for health wise and how do you tell if its a "high quality" yellow foot. Believe it or not if found two sellers in ontario with yellow foots one I know breed his and the other person says they are captive breed. They are both going to send me pictures the one I know breeds them they will be only about 2 months old when he sells them (about a month old now 4 to choise from) the other person is unsure of age says they (has two to choise from) are both about 4 inches. So any advise into what I should look for when they send pics and when I get to see them in person?

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
You will want to look for one that is quite active, has a good size on him, and very little to no pyramiding. Thats what I would look for in purchasing the hatchling.

Rover15

5 Year Member
ontario canada
Thank you being in ontario there are so few breeders it is hard to find ones that are good or that people have bought from before

wickwack

5 Year Member
These torts dont suffer pyramiding as easily as other torts. I doubt that will be an issue. If anything at that age i would check for shell rot, which you may need to treat, and you also need to check for this on the plastron. Other than that, at such a young age, i doubt she would have many issues.

Rover15

5 Year Member
ontario canada
What are signs for shell rot? I've asked for him to hold the brightest yellowed one I read that the brighter the colour is a good sign of good health

Status
Not open for further replies.