5 Year Member
um nice to know I guess I wont move to CA when I'm older

wasn't thinking about it anyway =]

TMartin510

Location (City and/or State)
Fremont, California
um nice to know I guess I wont move to CA when I'm older

wasn't thinking about it anyway =]
I personally wouldn't recommend it unless you want nice weather year round. But I've lived here 21 years so that could be part of it lol. Traffic is crazy during rush hour, about an hr and a half or 2 to get home after work. And there's ussually always an accident or more everyday.

Not to mention when trying to exit the freeway some people will speed up so you can't get over, and then scream at you like you tried to cut them off.

I don't like conflict, so I'm looking for a more peaceful and patient state lol.

awesomecs

5 Year Member
I personally wouldn't recommend it unless you want nice weather year round. But I've lived here 21 years so that could be part of it lol. Traffic is crazy during rush hour, about an hr and a half or 2 to get home after work. And there's ussually always an accident or more everyday.

Not to mention when trying to exit the freeway some people will speed up so you can't get over, and then scream at you like you tried to cut them off.

I don't like conflict, so I'm looking for a more peaceful and patient state lol.

I live in pennsilvainya now I might move to deleware when I'm older since they have no taxes m=]

awesomecs

5 Year Member
On the other hand!

I'd like to see a pic of your tort if you have one! :)

you can see a pic of my tort on my post were I have my introduction I'm new on the forum I don't have my camera right now so I can upload pictures

TMartin510

Fremont, California
I live in pennsilvainya now I might move to deleware when I'm older since they have no taxes m=]
Been to Delaware once, loved it. But don't know much about it. However I would recommend Maryland which is the state close by, I have family there and I absolutely love it. The Apts in the city there have stairs that go to the roof, where you can grill and see the ocean and all the lights in the city, it's absolutely beautiful. And there doesn't seem to be much impatience and traffic there.

awesomecs

5 Year Member
Been to Delaware once, loved it. But don't know much about it. However I would recommend Maryland which is the state close by, I have family there and I absolutely love it. The Apts in the city there have stairs that go to the roof, where you can grill and see the ocean and all the lights in the city, it's absolutely beautiful. And there doesn't seem to be much impatience and traffic there.

Delaware's really nice but it has cold winters witch aren't good for torts I might live in a warm place near Delaware so I can go shopping there when I'm older
=]

nicole r

las vegas, nevada
=] oh and about your tortoise if you really have that felling you can give him away or get a job and buy a heat lamp in the mean time just take him outside as long as it is summertime he will be ok if you earn money until summers over then buy the lamp you can still do dis man come on at least give it a try=]
ill give it a try ! i really wanna keep him :)

awesomecs

5 Year Member
that's the spirit oh and you could sell candy at school just buy candy in bulk then sell it or you could do other things like start a fundraiser with candy or was a car or mow a lawn or water plants he possibilities are endless

Amanda81

5 Year Member
Northeast Tennessee
im currently thinking about giving away my tortoise, i love him very much but i just dont have everything to provide him with :( also, im not posting this on here to give him away on here, ill put him on craigslist to see if anyone will come pick him up as i dont want to mail him anywhere since ive never done that before. anyways, my parents do not want to buy him a uvb lamp and i only have a heat lamp for him. ive had him since around the end of may and since its always warm here ive been taking him outside for an hour around 2 times a week, usually 3 or even 4. my parents told me theyd get him a uvb but now theyre saying no and my dad doesnt want to keep a heat lamp on for a long time because itll waste a lot of energy/money. id rather give him away to someone who will be able to take better care of him than i can :( i love him a ton and i dont want him to die but i know this is the best for him. this could possibly be my last post on here since i will no longer have a tortoise. to anyone who has answered my previous posts and helped me with anything i just want to say thank you, tortoise forum has helped me a lot ! :) i know im a lot younger than all of you on here (i dont even have a job yet, thats how young i am) but maybe in the future once im older i can hopefully get a tortoise again and be able to take good care of him/her!

Where do u live? Is your climate warm enough that your tort could live outdoors? Or at least warm enough to go out for sun 3-4 times a week? There would be no need for UVB bulb then. Or what type of tort do u have? I was thinking if it's a species that don't require high temps, Perhaps you could shut off any air conditioning in the room your torts in, reducing the heater running.

If you do have to give your tort up I would suggest trying the forum first. You might luck up and find someone local. Craigslist is full of people that like pets but either don't know how or don't care enough to provide proper care.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
It's a tough decision.
You can try to hold on to him, by giving him more outdoor time when you can ,at the weekends particularly.
Do you get pocket money ?
Can you save that up to help pay for the electricity bill ?
Good luck, whatever you decide to do.

awesomecs

5 Year Member
Where in PA are you? I'm in PA as well and may be able to help you out some.
well I'm near Chester but I think Ill just talk to people on the forums instead of meting them in person oh and btw you know about wild American toads too that's what got me started in reptile/amphibians when I was 5 I took it seriously when I was 8 thoe

Angel Carrion

Douglassville, PA
It's okay, internet people are not to be trusted when doing in real life meet ups, it's all good. But I'm here if you need help getting your hands on a cheap UVB bulb or if you need someone to TEMPORARILY (stressing that strongly) watch your tort. And for other things if you need help. Just offering.

Keith D.

Arizona
I grew up in CA too, and I did exactly what Mike described. It had nothing to do with neighborly neighbors. It had everything to do with me taking the initiative, figuring out a way and MAKING it happen. Failure was not an option. When one house said no, I went to another, and another, and another… I never quit until I achieved my goal.

What Mike was trying to promote was a can-do attitude and a strong desire for success. Sadly this seems to be sorely lacking in America's youth today.
I grew up in Cali as well and had military Father, we had to earn anything and everything, no such thing as a free handout he would always say. So when we wanted something we worked for it lol Dang I miss that man.

Keith D.

Arizona
It's okay, internet people are not to be trusted when doing in real life meet ups, it's all good. But I'm here if you need help getting your hands on a cheap UVB bulb or if you need someone to TEMPORARILY (stressing that strongly) watch your tort. And for other things if you need help. Just offering.
Oh Angel, sometimes you just gotta have faith. So far everyone I have met on the internet has been a OK person. Including my wife. :)