Thinking About Going Back To Huntingtown.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Been thinking very seriously about moving back to Maryland. Trying to figure the best way to do it. My understanding is that a smart phone will work there, So I am going to get a smart phone and learn how to use it and make sure I have access to the internet. Direct TV, Dish and Hughsnet are not an option until many trees are cut down. And cable, the last time i checked cable, it would cost way more than I was willing to pay to have it installed, they estimate $8000 to run the cable back to the house, and we have just one cable provider to choose from.I really hope a smart phone will work and I can figure out how to use it. here is a pic of some of itMD house.jpg The house is in the center of this pic. At the top of the pic just off screen is a cleared area used as a shooting range. I still have enclosures there from years ago and have cleaned a shed out for Walkers new house,shed.jpg Years ago when I put this shed here, (it's just off the driveway) UPS and FEDX started leaving the packages on the porch.:mad::mad: I've been staying at the beach for almost 9 years now, It's time to go back into to woods and be happy shooting hanging golf balls. daily. svhybridb copy.jpg This is a poor pic of the beach house, I like it here but getting the urge to go back to Huntingtown, will start the move next spring. The best thing is I don't really need to take anything but the animals and their things.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Hey, if it was me I'd be in the woods also . The beach is no place for me . Give me some woods and a pond and I'm a happy camper.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Now which house is it the box turtles live? I would assume the MD place? I am with the rest, I am not a beach person but I do love the woods. :)

Prairie Mom

Nope, sorry, there just aren't enough trees there ;)

I'm kidding. It looks wonderful. Forests are magical places.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Yvonne, I retired in 2002, I lived in that house 20 years before the beach house. It's only a little over an hour drive between the two, I was near the MD house today but didn't stop by. They both have their good points. What I was looking for when I found this MD house was a nice swamp with enough dry land that would perk, at that time I couldn't find anything that would work. Jacqui, Box Turtles live everywhere I can put them. Working on a new yard in Waldorf for a few to live in starting this summer. Mike, Why settle for just a pond and some trees when you could have a whole river, a swamp, a creek, some shade trees and Blue Crabs? Kyle, I hope I can figure out how to use a phone smarter than me. Do you all know how much work there is to do when living isolated in a woodland ? You have to go a long way to get your mail, drive miles to get whatever you may need, cut split and stack wood, and all this has to be done in between doing nothing, relaxing, and shooting golf balls hanging from tree limbs in the front yard.:D:D one good thing is no grass cutting.There was a time back in the 90s that I thought we might run out of good trees for fire wood the way we went through it, but there was plenty and they grow back quick.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I think I was sold at the blue crabs.... they sound yummy.