Thinking about selling one of my torts

Status
Not open for further replies.

sulcatababies1402

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Georgetown/Hutto/Austin,Tx
So it's been a while since I have been here but I am the owner of Bowser and peach.They have been doing well but I have noticed that Bowser is getting rather large while peach remains fairly small.I think this is due to Bowsers need to boss the food intake of poor peach.I have started feeding them separate but I just don't think it is going to work out with me having both d them.As hard as it is to do I want the best for my Peach and if it means giving her to a owner who can give her that one on one TLC then I will do it.

I will be taking her to the vet just to make sure all is well health wise but I'm sure after the check up I will be selling her.

That being said I want her to go to a person who is very schooled in Sullys,size,feeding,room,temp,humidity etc. so I am posting here as a means to find that breed specific owner.If you are interested leave shoot me a private message and I will return to respond.Again I want the BEST for Peach.(currently live in Austin,Tx area so I can meet you or shipping fees will be added) not sure on how much I will be selling her for as I want serious buyers not someone looking to get a cheap tort.

My apologies for the long topic intro.I am very sad to be doing this but I want what's good for Peach not for me.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Selling is an option your tortoise your decision but is separation not an option?

sulcatababies1402

5 Year Member
Georgetown/Hutto/Austin,Tx
They are currently separated but I'm thinking long run.They cannot remain separated given the size they are going to get.

Bowser is excelling in size and weight and eating habits.Peach is not and I don't know what to do about it since both living areas are the same.Im doing the same thing for both of them.

I just don't want her growth to be hindered due to my care you know :/ I am writing this now thinking it may help if a better qualified tort owner had her.Of course till I find that owner I will take her to the vet and hope she is just in a dip as far as her growth spurts an she will begin to grow again soon.

She is bout 10months now and is still no bigger then 5inches lengths wise and about 4inches across.113grams

Bowser is around the same age and he is 7inches across and 7inches in length 426grams

Obviously something is wrong.But my vet says no parasites last visit and all I can think of is the bullying of food.

Status
Not open for further replies.