• Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

Third eyelid visible and eye seems swollen

Aunt Caffy

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
6D083353-11F4-41F4-B56D-C6CCBA54BA01.jpeg C01E2411-AE50-427C-90DA-C4AA69383909.jpeg I just noticed this tonight. I’m worried and left a message with the vet’s emergency paging service because it came on so suddenly.

Aunt Caffy

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Texas
It seems to have settled down a bit. I’m still going to call the vet when they open tomorrow.

wellington

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Try some over the counter eye rinse or just some warm water. Might just be something in it.

Aunt Caffy

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Texas
Try some over the counter eye rinse or just some warm water. Might just be something in it.
I rinsed her eye after we got inside. That might be why it seemed to settle down. I noticed the problem with Rowan’s eye right after she chugged down a grubworm. I’m going to check her again before I go to bed.