This can't be happening (again)?! Warning:tortoise bits

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Well, I've seen female "prolapse" and I"ve seen male penises (peni?)and I'm positive what you're seeing is the tip of the penis.

@Neal - what do you want to bet? A bag of Mazuri?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Despite the pic of some doodads sticking out? @Yvonne said it's "definitely a penis".
@wellington, yes, a leopard. And heavily pyramided, so definitely a dryer start.

On a similar note, what is the recourse when a purchased animal turns out to be the wrong gender? I did not set any stipulations, other than that I was definitely wanted a female, not male. This animal was posted as a female.
Any recourse, you would have too contact the seller. If they didn't guarantee the sex, not sure they have too replace it or buy it back. However, if they don't replace it, they should refund some money. Females sell for more then males. That's my thought.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Well, I've seen female "prolapse" and I"ve seen male penises (peni?)and I'm positive what you're seeing is the tip of the penis.

@Neal - what do you want to bet? A bag of Mazuri?
Neal, don't take the bet. That one of mine you bet was a female and it turned out male. Very similar situation/looks too this one. Very female appearance in every way, with a male genitalia.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Neal, don't take the bet. That one of mine you bet was a female and it turned out male. Very similar situation/looks too this one. Very female appearance in every way, with a male genitalia.

I don't recall that one. If you could point me to the thread you're talking about, I'd like to revisit it.

At any case, no I won't take the bet against Yvonne. I've been wrong more than once and in many other aspects of life, but I do the best with what I know. Even a broken clock is right two times a day. I'd certainly like to learn where I can, so I'm hoping for an update when things are more clear.

Yvonne, you've got a steak dinner either way if you can ever make it down here to one of these TTPG conferences.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't recall that one. If you could point me to the thread you're talking about, I'd like to revisit it.

At any case, no I won't take the bet against Yvonne. I've been wrong more than once and in many other aspects of life, but I do the best with what I know. Even a broken clock is right two times a day. I'd certainly like to learn where I can, so I'm hoping for an update when things are more clear.

Yvonne, you've got a steak dinner either way if you can ever make it down here to one of these TTPG conferences.
I found it, the thread of my female to male. You have several post in the thread. You bet big lol post 47.
Glad I found it, discovered I had his birth year wrong. He was hatch 2010
https://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/desperately-need-opinions-about-sex-and-behavior.127057/

Last edited:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

I'd really love to attend, but I'm sort of agoraphobic. I have a very hard time leaving my tortoises in the care of others, and have to force myself to leave the property on shopping day. I can see myself becoming full blown agoraphobic if I give in to it. You people who attend the conference make me extremely jealous.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I found it, the thread of my female to male. You have several post in the thread. You bet big lol post 47.
Glad I found it, discovered I had his birth year wrong. He was hatch 2010
no link?