This is where it all began for me..

Status
Not open for further replies.

anm1221

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
I just thought I would drop by and share a beautiful picture. Sea turtles is really where it all began for me. I graduated quite recently but I've loved these little guys since I was in Elementary school, I remember seeing a book in 3rd grade and thinking "WOAH! what is that!" I remember checking the book out and staying up and throwing a fit when Bed time came because I wanted My grandmother to read more. I used to do projects on Sea turtles and endangered sea turtles all the time. All the way up until now they have been a fascination to me and I've always found them to be gorgeous. I find beauty in their shells as well as their cute lil faces and noses. These guys, for me is where it all began and where my Love for turtles and tortoises came from. Also where my Love for the Water came from. What about you? How did you fall in Love?

Attachments

• green-sea-turtle-bora-bora.jpg
    green-sea-turtle-bora-bora.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 94
  • SEA-TU1.jpg
    SEA-TU1.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 93
  • seaturtle_1.jpg
    seaturtle_1.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 92
  • tumblr_lhn9yidsP71qf2ajzo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_lhn9yidsP71qf2ajzo1_500.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 91

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't really know when it began for me. I think before I was born. I have always been an animal lover,all kinds of animals. When I was a kid, as young as I can remember, 5-6? a friend and I while camping every weekend, used to go catch turtles, snakes, crawfish, frogs, toads, salamanders, what ever we could find that wasn't a bug. Except stick bugs, preying mantis, firefly, butter fly and lady bugs. We liked them. We would always let them go, but enjoyed them for a while first. If its animal (I'm including reptiles, chelonians, etc) I'm all about it. Even at my older adult age, I have not grown out of love any with any of them. Safely my friend has some:(

Oh, and I always wanted a large tortoise roaming my yard:D

anm1221

5 Year Member
Maryland
Lol my boyfriend says he doesn't like torts, says they look like snakes with a body and legs. So he'll be very unhappy when we have one roaming the yard someday.

Sent from my LG-C800 using TortForum mobile app

Lol my boyfriend says he doesn't like torts, says they look like snakes with a body and legs. So he'll be very unhappy when we have one roaming the yard someday.

vanessa

5 Year Member
Well I just started seeing cute little videos if baby turtles eat tomatoes lol. And they were so cute and so I'm about to be in 8th grade and i have 3 turtles I feed them every day and the are trained I love turtle and know alot about since I read lots of books and went to many websites I think each turtle is cute in its own way. I love sea turtles as well. This year in Mexico I visited a turtle farm and so many cute sea turtles I hope you like my story :)

photo_phish

5 Year Member
Great stories :)
I fell in love similar to all of you. Just always loved animals and always was surrounded by them. I started loving the scaley types more than the furry cuddly kind at a young age. I was always in the water, I was a competitive swimmer and played water polo all through high school. In elementary school I fell in love with all marine life and especially the marine reptiles...turtles, iguanas, crocs, snakes.... but more specifically the sea turtles. I worked my butt off and studied as hard as I could and its paying off! I now work with sea turtles for a living and the passion and love has only grown immensely getting to know them in such a personable environment. Truly loving and tactile animals. And i have set goals in life pertaining to Sea Turtle Conservation and helping the ailing populations

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Like so many others here, I have always loved animals- all kinds.

Tortoise7

5 Year Member
Ohio
The fly river turtles have always been my favourite (aquatic) turtle. That and the mata-mata have always intrigued me. Fly river turtles are so similar to sea turtles (in looks), and the best part is, (while it may not be a good idea), it is legal to own them! So my dream isn't so unrealistic....:D

Status
Not open for further replies.