This may be a silly question but could my Tortoise get Covid-19?

maureen allenza

5 Year Member
I don't know how but I Covid-19. I always wear a mask and I am fully vaccinated. Anyways this may be a silly question but could I give it to my Tortoise? I also have a Bearded Dragon. Any responses are appreciated.
Hope you're well soon. Wear a mask and gloves when you handle your pets. Also, when outside of your home. I wear medical gloves in any public place and when going through drive through.

Winston2020

Location (City and/or State)
Darlington
I believe that anyone can catch corona, whether he/she took the vaccine or no, and whether one wears one's mask or not.

By the same token, I do not know if pets/animals can get it. Let's wait and see answers of members.

Wishes for a speedy recovery.
I don't know how true it is or weather I miss heard but I'm sure I read in a news paper someone had given it to there tortoise but how true is anyone's guess

Gijoux

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I don't know how but I Covid-19. I always wear a mask and I am fully vaccinated. Anyways this may be a silly question but could I give it to my Tortoise? I also have a Bearded Dragon. Any responses are appreciated.
The vaccines have not been designed to prevent C19 nor are they designed to prevent you from spreading it and unfortunately there have been plenty of fully vaccinated people dying in the hospital of C19. I do not believe you have to worry about exposing your tortoise, but you do have to worry about spreading it to other humans. Masks do nothing to stop the spread.