This will be the best Christmas ever!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Illinois
Some of you may remember that I have been trying to get my cousins kids out of foster care for a year now. Well we finally brought the 2 boys home last week. Thank you God. On top of that both my kids will be home for Christmas as well. Last year both my kids were deployed at Christmas. This will be the best Christmas that I could ever ask for. Thank all of you for the prayers and well wishes over the past year.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
That is great news! I know you have worked really hard and for a long time to get those children. Just so happy for you!!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I'm so happy for you. I hope you have the most wonderful, best Christmas ever!!! Please say thank you to your children for all they do for us. I have never stopped praying for your family, and I'm so glad everything worked out for you. Wonderful news!!!!!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
That is good news indeed.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Aw, Missy...What a wonderful thing to have happen this time of year. I've wondered off and on how it was going and if you were going to be able to get them. That's great news!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I'm so happy for you and your family. Enjoy your special Christmas!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
It is just so wonderful to see good things happen to good people for a change.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Yay! I am so glad for some good news and happy for your family!!!!! It kinda pisses me off that the kids were stuck in foster care when you were ready to take them. Does this seem wrong to anyone else? I will focus on the happy part. Very happy for your family:)

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Congratulations! I am so happy for you that you will be able to have your family all together for the Holidays.

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
Thanks everyone. I hope all of you have a very merry Christmas.

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
Angi said:
Yay! I am so glad for some good news and happy for your family!!!!! It kinda pisses me off that the kids were stuck in foster care when you were ready to take them. Does this seem wrong to anyone else? I will focus on the happy part. Very happy for your family:)

To say the least it has been a trying time. My caseworker told me in the beginning that it would take a year. I did not believe it but it was a year. She told me that getting kids out of the state of TN was the worst state to work with. It all boils down to $$$$$ and that is a shame. The baby is one now and will be stuck in the system because she has a dad that does not want to do what he needs to do to get her but will not give up his rights either. I have the two boys and the oldest is 17, she decided to stay in TN to finish her last year of high school. She is with a great foster mom. The 15 year old girl is with another family member, she is special needs and is doing great. So the boys are the only ones together of the 5. Sad but we gotta make the best of it.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
That is very sad for the baby as she is very adoptable as an infant, but will not have a great chance as an older child. What a selfish father. I hope they make him pay lots of child support for not giving up his right so his baby could have a better life if he is not willing to raise her and give her a good home.

I am sure you will give the boys a wonderful home. Your other two seem to have turned out GREAT! God bless you for being a great mom to your kids, your new kids and your animals :)

Status
Not open for further replies.