Those that have cheaper Walmart type bookcases?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shelli

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Antigua West Indies
Do you seal over the plasticy wood laminate stuff with polyurethane?
When my son has left a drink on his dresser just the touch of moisture made it raise and go bumpy.

I don't know if I want to go the tort table route getting a sturdier wood bottom or go with this and maybe add some plexiglass around the edges to make it more RF suitable..
http://74.125.113.132/search?q=cach...my+deluxe+home+giant&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca
I just don't know.. hmm har....
Probably end up building our own just not THAT handy.. sadly.

chadk

10 Year Member!
Some use shower curtain material to line the tort table (converted book shelf). you can also try the heavy contruction plastic sheeting they sell at most home improvement stores.

M

Maggie Cummings

I use shower curtain liner, it's more pliable and staples to the wood easily.

bsr8129

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I am currently building one, and since i had pond liner left over from my pond thats what i am using, but unless you have left overs its much cheaper to use a shower curtain.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Washington
Shower pan liner is the thickest I found, and available year round (unlike pond liner). It's gray and comes in a roll at home improvement stores, where they cut off a piece and charge by the foot (maybe 4-5 feet in the other direction). Actually rather tough to cut and staple, which is a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.