Thought I would share again. Gender.

zovick

10 Year Member!
That tortoise still looks like a female to me; however, it is still really early to be absolutely positive of that.

You'll just have to be patient and grow it up for another couple of years or so before you can really know what the sex is for sure.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
unless you have extremely small hands, that tortoise is no way 4" More like 7". The anal scutes are growing into that characteristic "U" Shape. Redfoot males have their anal scutes straighten-flare out and actually thicken to create a ridge used to lift the females shell when copulating. That growth pattern is very different than what you see here. Yours is exhibiting all the growth pattern of a young female.

Grace-Sophia

Texas
unless you have extremely small hands, that tortoise is no way 4" More like 7". The anal scutes are growing into that characteristic "U" Shape. Redfoot males have their anal scutes straighten-flare out and actually thicken to create a ridge used to lift the females shell when copulating. That growth pattern is very different than what you see here. Yours is exhibiting all the growth pattern of a young female.
I do indeed have small hands lol I only 5ft

Grace-Sophia

Texas
I have a couple of friends as well that have been keeping RFS for over 12 years, they both said male? 🤣

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
You'll just have to be patient; a vet mistook my leopard tort for female, but a while later he turned out to be obviously male - only time will tell.
Does it make any difference to you if he is male or female? If not just enjoy him/her.

Grace-Sophia

Texas
You'll just have to be patient; a vet mistook my leopard tort for female, but a while later he turned out to be obviously male - only time will tell.
Does it make any difference to you if he is male or female? If not just enjoy him/her.
I just would like to know what to name him 😂