Thoughts??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Belchertown Ma
Hi,
After all the great discussion I started about mixing species, I have started to fix it. My Ornate Louise is now in a new enclosure. I think it's too small, but the largest I could find for now. Mixed with spagnum moss, and sterile dirt. Thoughts? She's so inquisitive.
I will find something for my Russians, and fill the pool with dirt for my Red foot. My husband thinks I am KooKoo.
Thanks Na

Attachments

• new tub.jpg
    new tub.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 46

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
I agree it is a bit small but it is definitley better for now, than keeping them mixed.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
I know, I didn't think I would have trouble finding a tub! I am dissapointed in wal mart and target. Guess tubs take up too much precious room at Xmas time.

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Nay did you check over in the holiday aisles where they keep the xmas tree totes at WalMart? They have a nice big sized one that works excellent. Other than being a bit too small the setup looks nice for her. :)

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Nay, I found one at my Walmart. It was a bit shorter and longer to hold Christmas wrap.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
If you can find them the Christmas tree totes are great. They are over 4 feet long and over 20 inches wide. They usually run $25.

Danny

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
egyptiandan said:
If you can find them the Christmas tree totes are great. They are over 4 feet long and over 20 inches wide. They usually run $25.

Danny

Thanks all, I did find one today after coming home to this.She did make it out. What a trip she is!! It's a bit high on the sides, do you ever cut them down? I hate having her in a cave.I also am having trouble lining up the clamp lights to shine strait in. Does anyone have trouble with the light burning the sides?
Na

Attachments

• escape.jpg
    escape.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 19

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Nay, You want to cut down the sides of this one? Maybe I am misunderstanding. Also, I have a clear one like that. I taped paper to the sides so they couldn't see out and then are less curious.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Dee, Sorry for the confusion.
I moved Louise to this tub, but thought it was too small. I posted a pic and got loads of agreement, Well when I came home today,I got the turtles view of wether it was too small. I went and bought a new one today, but it's so high on the sides. I wanted to cut it down.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Okay - now I got it. Instead of cutting down, you can always fill up with more substrate. As long as it is deep enough for your escape artist!

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
I clamp my lamps on to a 2X4 cut to fit across the tote. Then I place a small trim or scrap piece where the lamp attaches to the clamp. It lets the lamp shine straight down and holds it right there.
I'll try to get a picture tomorrow. :)

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.