Three-legged LARGE Red Ear Slider and Painted turtle need homes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cadillac, Michigan
I am helping Lisa (turtlegirl7) get a little more exposure for her two aquatic turtles needing homes.

tripod is the three legged res. he is very "matey" and cannot be with a female unless there are alot of them. he is huge, about 5-6 pounds. he can be rehomed with his medium sized waterland tub and stand which is the size of a small twin bed. also the magnum 350 filter and all his lights and light stands too. he spends literally all day trying to mate with a plastic rock in his tank. he was with a female but i had to separate them due to that. he likes a good head pet when he is in the right mood. he is healthy, thank God. my vet says he was pry born with the three legs judging by how his stump looks. he needs someone that can keep an eye on it just incase but he has done great in the 12 years he has been with me. he had some shell issues that have resolved but his plastron is sensitive so he just needs to be checked for scrapes and stuff. i dont keep real rocks or sharp things in his enclosure to protect his stump and shell. he is a tough cookie. he was a rescue from a stinkin pet store. he was in a huge pond then one day a 10 gallon tank! he wouldnt sell because of the three legs so they gave him to me for a percentage off. people suck sometimes.

tripodclose.jpg

GOODTRIPOD.jpg

tripodhouse.jpg

patrick is an adorable male painted turtle. at least 11 years old. my neighbor found him and took him home thinking he was someones lost pet. then when i moved in and met them 4 years after, they gave him to me. he is healthy. very perky and sweet. funny little guy. he is in a tank right now. whomever takes him is welcome to it and his magnum filter and lights and stands too. i wish i could do better for him. hopefully whomever takes him will have a better set up.

patrickgreat.jpg

patrickfunny.jpg

patrickhouse1.jpg

also if you know a good fish person i have a giant foot long plecostamus named cocoa in a 55 gallon that i would like to rehome. tank, stand and all. he is adorable.

cocoa3.jpg

cocoa2.jpg

If you can help Lisa out, send her a PM here on the forum or email her at [email protected]

turtlegirl7

5 Year Member
thank you so much kristina for posting this for me. you are an amazing soul. i am eternally grateful for all your help. what a great bunch of people on this forum.

turtlegirl7

5 Year Member
i am located in the south suburbs of chicago. would love to rehome them nearby or even in the close states if we could arrange transport. i am not comfortable shipping them if i dont have too. hugs.

ascott said:
Where are you located?

hi tortoise lover, i sent you a private message. wondering where you live.

Tortise lover said:
Would love him in a great home tell me if I could have the little guy

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I am also not comfortable with shipping....and you are little farther than a days drive...lol....they are all beautiful and I am certain you will get the perfec:pt place for the turtles and that gorgeous plat......

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
turtlegirl7 said:
thank you so much kristina for posting this for me. you are an amazing soul. i am eternally grateful for all your help. what a great bunch of people on this forum.

You are welcome doll ;) Thank YOU for Pod and Bobbie and Toni ;)

turtlegirl7

5 Year Member
thank you!!!! you are so sweet.

ascott said:
I am also not comfortable with shipping....and you are little farther than a days drive...lol....they are all beautiful and I am certain you will get the perfec:pt place for the turtles and that gorgeous plat......

turtlegirl7

5 Year Member
hi everyone, still searching for homes for these guys. please keep an eye out for good homes if you hear of one or can provide one. i dont want to ship them but can maybe get them to nearby states- wisc, ind, and michigan with some help. thanks for the outpouring of love and support. hugs.

lisa

wow, just as i was typing the last reply i got word that my fish has a new home! hallelujah for good people!!!! so i just need to rehome the two aquatic turtles. hugs, lisa

turtlegirl7

5 Year Member
I would just like to let all the wonderful souls on this forum know that I have found wonderful homes for all of my babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are in great homes with people that are keeping in touch with me so I can continue to be a part of their lives. I have no words for how grateful I am for each and every response and word of encouragement. Kristina and Wellington, you are angels. God bless everyone here so much! Love Lisa (turtlegirl7)

Kristina said:
I am helping Lisa (turtlegirl7) get a little more exposure for her two aquatic turtles needing homes.

tripod is the three legged res. he is very "matey" and cannot be with a female unless there are alot of them. he is huge, about 5-6 pounds. he can be rehomed with his medium sized waterland tub and stand which is the size of a small twin bed. also the magnum 350 filter and all his lights and light stands too. he spends literally all day trying to mate with a plastic rock in his tank. he was with a female but i had to separate them due to that. he likes a good head pet when he is in the right mood. he is healthy, thank God. my vet says he was pry born with the three legs judging by how his stump looks. he needs someone that can keep an eye on it just incase but he has done great in the 12 years he has been with me. he had some shell issues that have resolved but his plastron is sensitive so he just needs to be checked for scrapes and stuff. i dont keep real rocks or sharp things in his enclosure to protect his stump and shell. he is a tough cookie. he was a rescue from a stinkin pet store. he was in a huge pond then one day a 10 gallon tank! he wouldnt sell because of the three legs so they gave him to me for a percentage off. people suck sometimes.

tripodclose.jpg

GOODTRIPOD.jpg

tripodhouse.jpg

patrick is an adorable male painted turtle. at least 11 years old. my neighbor found him and took him home thinking he was someones lost pet. then when i moved in and met them 4 years after, they gave him to me. he is healthy. very perky and sweet. funny little guy. he is in a tank right now. whomever takes him is welcome to it and his magnum filter and lights and stands too. i wish i could do better for him. hopefully whomever takes him will have a better set up.

patrickgreat.jpg

patrickfunny.jpg

patrickhouse1.jpg

also if you know a good fish person i have a giant foot long plecostamus named cocoa in a 55 gallon that i would like to rehome. tank, stand and all. he is adorable.

cocoa3.jpg

cocoa2.jpg

If you can help Lisa out, send her a PM here on the forum or email her at [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.