Tilly G the Sulcata Tortoise

TillyGtheTortoise

Location (City and/or State)
Santa Monica, CA
Greetings Fellow Tortoise Lovers!

I'm thrilled to be on this site and looking forward to learning and sharing with all of you. I adopted Tilly G the sulcata tortoise from the Humane Society in California. He was sick with a cracked shell, respiratory infection and was underweight. The vets helped revitalize him and I was able to adopt him and give him a loving, happy, healthy forever home. He's gained about 30 pounds since I adopted him, he lives in my yard and grazes on Bermuda grass all day. He's wonderful, sweet, and such a blessing. I've read a ton of books on sulcata tortoises, learned a lot from my reptile vet, and from this site. However, there is still a ton of conflicting information out there so I'm navigating through it with the best of my knowledge and with the purpose of doing what is ultimately best for Tilly G. I love Tilly G so much and he is wonderful. Many of you might know him on IG as @TillyGtheTortoise
I try to share as much knowledge as possible so I'm hoping we can all learn from each other.
When you know better, you do better.
Xoxo!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Greetings Fellow Tortoise Lovers!

I'm thrilled to be on this site and looking forward to learning and sharing with all of you. I adopted Tilly G the sulcata tortoise from the Humane Society in California. He was sick with a cracked shell, respiratory infection and was underweight. The vets helped revitalize him and I was able to adopt him and give him a loving, happy, healthy forever home. He's gained about 30 pounds since I adopted him, he lives in my yard and grazes on Bermuda grass all day. He's wonderful, sweet, and such a blessing. I've read a ton of books on sulcata tortoises, learned a lot from my reptile vet, and from this site. However, there is still a ton of conflicting information out there so I'm navigating through it with the best of my knowledge and with the purpose of doing what is ultimately best for Tilly G. I love Tilly G so much and he is wonderful. Many of you might know him on IG as @TillyGtheTortoise
I try to share as much knowledge as possible so I'm hoping we can all learn from each other.
When you know better, you do better.
Xoxo!
Hi and welcome to you and Tilly!
Good for you giving Tilly a home she is obviously very happy and much healthier now!
We'd all love to see pics!
There is a lot of old and wrong information out there on tortoise care but this forum will give you the best up to date advice available, from very experienced sullie keepers worldwide. There may some disagreements on some aspects but you have to weigh opinions up and apply it to your situation and climate etc.
There is a good caresheet for sullies which will tell you all about diet, temps etc but sounds like you are doing a good job so far.

TillyGtheTortoise

Santa Monica, CA
Hi and welcome to you and Tilly!
Good for you giving Tilly a home she is obviously very happy and much healthier now!
We'd all love to see pics!
There is a lot of old and wrong information out there on tortoise care but this forum will give you the best up to date advice available, from very experienced sullie keepers worldwide. There may some disagreements on some aspects but you have to weigh opinions up and apply it to your situation and climate etc.
There is a good caresheet for sullies which will tell you all about diet, temps etc but sounds like you are doing a good job so far.
Thanks so much! Here's a pic of my sweet boy (found out she was a he) TG Pic.jpg tg.jpg
tg2.jpg tg3.jpg tg5.jpg

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK

MPappagallo

Myrtle Beach, SC
What a handsome boy! And kudos to you for adopting him. I am sure he will be much happier now in his great new home!