Tilly the {Hermann's} Tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielledelynn

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Buffalo, NY
We got her Sunday afternoon. Her egg was laid 1-8-10, she hatched 3-5-10. That makes her just a little over three months old. She was incubated to be female...and on the car ride home, Nick and I decided on her name: Tilly :)

We got her from a fellow TFO member, might I add: bettinge (Scott)
He took excellent care of her for the time that he had her, which we appreciate greatly!

Without further adieu, here are some pics of sweet Tilly. Enjoy!

IMG_1682.jpg

IMG_1683.jpg

IMG_1685.jpg

IMG_1688.jpg

IMG_1695.jpg

for size comparison

This is what she did 5 minutes after we set her in her enclosure...Nose-dive into the cypress mulch until she was hidden! lol
IMG_1698.jpg

IMG_1704.jpg

IMG_1716.jpg

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
That first shot is GREAT...DETERMINATION! Or is she telling you to get that camera outta her face:D

That last shot...wash your lips:D:p:D

bettinge

5 Year Member
Upstate NY
It makes me very happy that she found such a nice home, with excited and caring parents!

She is the first of my hatchlings ever to make the pages of TFO, but I'm sure not the last! Great photo's BTW.

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
Super sweet. I especially love the tail shot.

DudeAbides

5 Year Member
That's what Bear did too! About the same age, I've kind of given up on hides for now. The little guy just tunnels under the mulch when he/she wants some quiet time.

M

Maggie Cummings

Funny short stumpy front legs. Nothing is as cute as a hatchling. I have Queenie who is 6 years I think and she's half Hermanns and she has a great outgoing personality and I'll bet Tilly will too. I am so glad you got such a sweet and healthy baby. It takes away some of the heartache. Not all but some. Thanks for the happy thread.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Tilly looks great :D

Maggie :D Queenie is all Hermanns, but half Eastern and half Western Hermanns.

Danny

M

Maggie Cummings

egyptiandan said:
Tilly looks great :D

Maggie :D Queenie is all Hermanns, but half Eastern and half Western Hermanns.

Danny

So that's the boettgeri and half T.h.hermanni. Sorry for the misunderstanding. What I know is she is fun and personable and most of all...beautiful.

ac7swg.jpg

danielledelynn

5 Year Member
Buffalo, NY
Before I left for work this morning, I put out a huge handful of organic spring mix. I came home from work later in the early evening, and it was ALL gone! Every last morsel! She was "above ground" on top of her substrate, looking right at me and bobbing her head, like she was saying, "hey ma! I finished all that food from earlier...I'm ready for seconds...and thirds!" haha...so I gave her another handful and she went right to town!

Bettinge wasn't kidding when he told us she's a great eater!

A little while later, I walked by her enclosure, and I saw her chewing on the cuttle bone! (Will post pics in a bit)

She's doing so great!!

She was going to town on the cuttle bone all on her own. She needs no assistance or direction or guidance, she knows what to do! :)

3eb98394.jpg

IMG_1721.jpg

IMG_1720.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.