Time for hatchling out of enclosure?

Alauren1608

Location (City and/or State)
Joliet
Hi everyone, I have a redfoot hatchling that is about 2-3 months old. He is doing great with eating and sleeping. He likes to wander around his enclosure during the day and he looks at me like he wants out. So far, I really only take him out to soak him for 20 min a day. I want to be able to hold him and bond with him but I'm scared if I have him out of the enclosure too long, he'll dry out.

Is there a safe amount of time that hatchling can be out of his enclosure if I am holding/bonding with him?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I started with my leopard back in the day right away. He always wondered around on me, not the floor for a bit then would snuggle in at my neck. That's when I would put him back. Maybe 1/2 hour I would have him out. Even an hour wouldn't hurt. Just be sure he doesn't get to cold or to hot.

MarginatedMooney

Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina USA
My wife does this every so often with our 3 month old Marginated tortoise. She'll get him out and wrap him in a soft blanket. He'll snuggle in and fall asleep on her. She does that for about 30 minutes, typically during her lunch break because she's working from home.