Time to lock the doors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jas2Cats

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
So, usually Trouble and Double go to their heated dog house around 4pm daily, but, through the summer, Doub's has been sleeping outside. It's been cold here this week (down to the mid 40s at night), and I expected Doub's would go to his house. I noticed in the afternoon that he hadn't, but, thought I'd move him later. Well, I forgot, and, when I realized this morning at about 5am, I went out in my PJs to put him in his house. I opened the cold frame and saw he was on the other side of it. When I went to the other side and opened it, the stinker moved out of my range~! I did manage to get him and put him in the warm house.

It's funny, 'cause for the last 2 years where they've been outdoors only, I've never had to close them in their house, they've always gone in when it was cold. I guess now, I need to check each afternoon/evening and put him in his house and close him in. :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
My leopards NEVER went into their house at night on their own. I always had to search them down and put them away.

Yvonne

Jas2Cats

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Laura said:
Is one bullying the other? Hogging the house? One might be scared to go inside..

Laura, I think you hit the nail on the head~! Last night, I put Doub's in the house, and he walked up to Troub's stared at her, then, turned around and (waited until I was out of site) then walked out and went back to the cold frame to sleep. :( The funny thing is, Doub's is bigger and used to be the Bully~!

This weekend, we are building their new shed (http://www.doghouseplans.com/custom-dog_house_plans-doghouse.cfm) and, I will put in dividers so that they can be separate for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.