Timmy the Tortie! :)

Tomsy29

Location (City and/or State)
Essex
Hi everyone! :) Thanks for the add to your world of tortin :)

My little one is called Timmy. I inherited her last year as my grandparents had passed away.

I love her to bits! A right little character that I’ve known from a young age at my grandparents house. She is now in her late 60’s so getting on!

Teaching me to skateboard when I was around 6 :)

r5CTi03.jpg

Some photos of her recently :)

G1PLBjM.png

21WLbun.jpg

sjT6tW6.png

Snuggling for a warm after a bathe

uwLympy.jpg

1wTMZTR.jpg

Up after a Sunday sleep.Zzzzz

MA6ttGX.jpg

di2dsbg.jpg

I am slightly concerned about little Timmy currently. She hasn’t touched her food for around a week now which is a massive change from her usual ‘‘I’ll eat everything in site’’ attitude. Also, I bathed her yesterday and today and she spent a lot of time taking on a lot of water to suggest she was very dehydrated. Then leaving her to rest, she coughed some water back up again! :(

I visited the vet with her today who gave her a check up. The vet said she has lost weight but she wasn’t concerned at this stage. The vet suggested the change in temp dropping quite suddenly in the U.K. could be an issue and to monitor her for another week, keeping a close eye on her home temps.

A couple snaps of her run.

zkQjolJ.jpg

aZs4Mle.jpg

There are heat/ UV lamps at each end and also a radiator in this room which does keep the temperature up. A water bath/ place for food and also places to hide being the hutch at the end and arch.

I feel really concerned and would love any advice on what could be an issue or signs to look for.

I am now thinking as to whether her indoor run is too dry an environment? The substrate does get quite dry and dusty even though I do try to dampen it down.

It would be great for some feedback/ criticism to see if my novice torting days need to be improved.

Thanks all

7KMfxi0.jpg

Will :)