Tiny little frogs in enclosure

AnimalLady

Title says it all. I went to move around the soil and clean out poop in Mac's home and I found under the soaking dish tiny little redish/orangish with black on body little frogs. I didn't know what to do so I picked them up one by one and took them to the other side of the yard. I put them in a wetish area since that's how I found them. What if they come back though? Can they harm Mac? I took a pic with my ph but my focus was being so stupid. I'll post, but it's a crappy pic.20151008_173307.jpg 20151008_173334.jpg 20151008_173307.jpg 20151008_173334.jpg

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
Sorry, don't know if frogs could harm a tort, but I would get rid of them just in case. 'Better be safe than sorry' is what I tend to apply in life, even though it makes me think very NEGATIVE, that I know.:(

AnimalLady

If they are toadlets, they are poisonous.
That might not be the right name for baby cane toads.
I've never seen that coloration before. It's quite attractive, though.

If they are what? I was messing with some poisonous frogs? Oh man. I had latex gloves on, thank goodness.
I started trying to google to identify them and this is what I got: Red-crowned Toadlet
They have the ability to lay eggs in wet soil and the tadpoles grow inside the egg, when it rains hard, POP out come the little fkers.
I'm not happy about this, I don't want them to hurt my Mac, how can I stop them from coming back?!
I didn't want to kill them, but now I'm not sure that was the right choice... anywho, i'll just be checking under his water dish a lot more often now.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I think a tortoise would have to eat several to get ill.
It's a strange time of year for them. The raining season is over......Touching them won't hurt you...just don't pop a few in your mouth.:)

AnimalLady

I think a tortoise would have to eat several to get ill.
It's a strange time of year for them. The raining season is over......Touching them won't hurt you...just don't pop a few in your mouth.:)

Oh, they only cause harm if you eat them>
No worries, i'll fight that urge, it might be hard though LOL

I thought they would spit something on me or something. This is good to know, lol.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
How bizarre! Cute little frog...or whatever they are.

Good evening. How cute do you think this frog is?

is

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
I found the cutest little tree frog on this big, giant inflatable pirate ship we have at my work...it had the little round, sticky feet...extra cute :p

AnimalLady

I'm amazingly not afraid of frogs, I was super proud of myself yesterday. Picking up the little boogers, I even sang one a little "get the heck outta here" song. hahaha. They are not cute though, negative, cannot agree there!

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
I'm amazingly not afraid of frogs, I was super proud of myself yesterday. Picking up the little boogers, I even sang one a little "get the heck outta here" song. hahaha. They are not cute though, negative, cannot agree there!
I think snakes can be cute too...people think I'm weird for that (I probably am...but I don't care). About the only creature I don't think is cute are spiders...except for maybe the tiny fuzzy black kind that jump around...but that's always a fleeting thought once they start jumping in my direction.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
They're anything BUT cute! UGH :(; is all I can say.

AnimalLady

I think snakes can be cute too...people think I'm weird for that (I probably am...but I don't care). About the only creature I don't think is cute are spiders...except for maybe the tiny fuzzy black kind that jump around...but that's always a fleeting thought once they start jumping in my direction.

Taaaad bit weird, but hey, normal is just a setting on a washing machine :D