Tips on a new habitat: should I go wood or plastic?

lautanner

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Hi, everyone! My Hermann loves his wooden habitat but unfortunately the wood was not sealed properly and I'm new to tort owning so, you guessed it, mold started growing on the bottom of the enclosure. I have seen some people post DIY tort enclosures that are sandboxes or sterilite plastic tubs tied together. This seems like a cheaper option that will certainly not cause me any mold problems. However, wood is nice because it keeps the temperature consistent. What do you guys think? P.S. I have a curious cat so mesh will be a must.

Location (City and/or State)
Clarksburg California
Hi, everyone! My Hermann loves his wooden habitat but unfortunately the wood was not sealed properly and I'm new to tort owning so, you guessed it, mold started growing on the bottom of the enclosure. I have seen some people post DIY tort enclosures that are sandboxes or sterilite plastic tubs tied together. This seems like a cheaper option that will certainly not cause me any mold problems. However, wood is nice because it keeps the temperature consistent. What do you guys think? P.S. I have a curious cat so mesh will be a must.
I would say take some plexi glass and caulk and cover the inside of the wood or use a plastic liner like pond liner. Hope this helps!