Tlady's tortoise seed mix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
uk, Somerset
Has anyone bought this seed mix, if so what did you think and would it be the right stuff for my horsfields

stells2

5 Year Member
Its a good mix... you can also find seeds in various other shops... yes the shelled warriors shop for one... and also ebay...

Jason M

5 Year Member
uk, Somerset
Have orders some online and the seeds arrived today, to tomorrow I will plant them and but them in my window, will let you know how I get on. That is if anyone else wants to know.

phantoms

5 Year Member
Wilmington DE
I have only ordered from Carolina Pet Supply. Getting ready to plant the seeds and see how it goes.

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I have only used the grazing seed mix from carolinapetsupply.com. Would be interested in how your seeds work out for you. Variety might be good.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
phantoms said:
I have only ordered from Carolina Pet Supply. Getting ready to plant the seeds and see how it goes.

That is where my seeds are from. I cover with clear plastic that has small air holes in it, water good and place in sun light, even a window will do. In only two to three days I have good sprouting. You won't have to water much until they are tall enough that the plastic has to come off.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
ewam said:
ewam said:
Judd dujii

Sorry I put my I pod in my pocket without locking it and it must have typed and sent this.

Makes more sense than some of the stuff on here.

Anyhoo, yes, those seeds are great. I threw them in my outside enclosure, you barely rake them in (weeds often don't like to be covered much). Outside, they take awhile to germinate.
They did very well, nice mix and no grass, which is great for Med Torts.
I have yet to try to spout them inside, but if you do, I would barely cover them, just keep lightly moist, not wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.