Today was Protein Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chewbecca

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
60 miles south of Chicago
And Stagger was happy with today's menu.
It was the first day he was able to have animal protein.

He got 4 pieces of cat kibble. Three of those pieces were Pro Plan weight management cat kibble, and one piece was some fancy schmancy brand I picked up from the healthy dog and cat food store called..."Go! Naturals" or something. Anyway, it's grain-free.
He ate 2 of the Pro Plan kibbles and one of the fancy schmancy cat food kibbles.
AND! I gave him some green tripe.
My kibble pictures didn't turn out right, but I got some shots of him eating some green tripe.
MAN! He LOVESLOVESLOVES the green tripe. WOW.
It looks like apple sauce in the pictures, but it's not, trust me. It's canned green tripe.

3733259525_0f42ec0a1f_o.jpg

3733259533_df6c63f7c3_o.jpg

3733259535_cccc7e435f_o.jpg

3733259537_b9ba755014_o.jpg

I swear one of these days I'll be able to get a shot of him when he DOESN'T have moss all over himself!

Chewbecca

5 Year Member
Thanks!
Yes, he was VERY happy to eat it.
And in that last pic, where he has a little chunk on his mouth, he carried that little chunk a ways and then he finally ate it.

It was a saved snack.
AW.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
did he/she meow afterwards?

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Great Pics of Stagger on his memorable first meat day. But I gotta ask what is "green tripe"?

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
It's a type of organ meat (I had to look it up). Myself the vegetarian thinks eww but looks like the tort loved it!

Chewbecca

5 Year Member
Robyn,

It's cow stomach. It's extremely healthy for dogs, not sure how healthy it is for tortoises, but he sure ate it up and LOVED it.
I always hear people complain about how bad green tripe smells, but I don't think it smells any worse than canned dog or cat food (not that that is an awesomely pleasant smell or anything).

M

Maggie Cummings

Isn't tripe stomach lining? Yuck...I think it's a Mexican favorite. But who knows... I suffer from can't remember ****I have cats who eat canned cat food and that also grosses me out. Big Bubba is sick and I have to fill a very large syringe with canned food many times a day, then force feed him, I have to mess with cat food a lot and for some reason touching it creeps me out...oops, I forgot to say, as usual they are beautiful pictures...

Chewbecca

5 Year Member
maggie3fan said:
Isn't tripe stomach lining? Yuck...I think it's a Mexican favorite. But who knows... I suffer from can't remember ****I have cats who eat canned cat food and that also grosses me out. Big Bubba is sick and I have to fill a very large syringe with canned food many times a day, then force feed him, I have to mess with cat food a lot and for some reason touching it creeps me out...oops, I forgot to say, as usual they are beautiful pictures...

well, it's green tripe. Green tripe really isn't consumed by humans, it's consumed by animals in the wild, though.
:D

I'm sure if I were to get fresh kill green tripe, it would be REALLY gross.
hahaha.

And thank you for the compliment.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.