Todd (Sulcata) New Endoor Cage! :D Am I missing anything?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigD9

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
I think i have everything but his heat lamp (it could be here anyday) && food bowl. Do you guys see anything missing?! Todd is 1 year old && he gunna be here on Tuesday:)) My dad is shipping him monday. I cant wait to see him!!!
Thanksphoto (5).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Q'sTortie

5 Year Member
Tampa, Florida
Looks good :), you should use a clay plant saucer buried to the rim for your water so that he won't have to climb get to water. And how about some plants? :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I agree with the saucer for a water dish. Much better then anything they sell for tort dishes. Also, just use a flat rock/slate/tile for the food. Will help keep beak trimmed. At one years old the half log may be too small for him to get under. My leopard can't get under his unless I prop it up on something and he is 18 months, but grows slower then sulcatas. Also some plants would be nice for security. A bigger enclosure also would be nice. Maybe add another one onto the one have. You could cut a opening on the sides of both boxes and tape the two together.

BigD9

5 Year Member
Florida
Q said:
Looks good :), you should use a clay plant saucer buried to the rim for your water so that he won't have to climb get to water. And how about some plants? :)

&& where could i get plants that wont be fertilze?
I think thats how my other one died so im so scare to feed him any plants:/ Do you know of a place that hads non fertlize plants?

wellington said:
I agree with the saucer for a water dish. Much better then anything they sell for tort dishes. Also, just use a flat rock/slate/tile for the food. Will help keep beak trimmed. At one years old the half log may be too small for him to get under. My leopard can't get under his unless I prop it up on something and he is 18 months, but grows slower then sulcatas. Also some plants would be nice for security. A bigger enclosure also would be nice. Maybe add another one onto the one have. You could cut a opening on the sides of both boxes and tape the two together.

Thanks && I have a flat dish for the food.
The log is actually good for him, the one at my dads house was getting small for him, so i got a bigger one. Ill look into plants.
&& Once he gets alittle bigger ill get him a bigger cage, i also have a outdoor cage for him during the day to get sun. :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
For plants. Do you have any outside you could pot. You can also plant seeds for grazing. Oh, one more thing. If you can, hang the light without using the clamp. Many fires and burned torts from the clamp not holding.

BigD9

5 Year Member
Florida
wellington said:
For plants. Do you have any outside you could pot. You can also plant seeds for grazing. Oh, one more thing. If you can, hang the light without using the clamp. Many fires and burned torts from the clamp not holding.

What kind of plants?
Hibicus, roses?

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
wellington said:

FABULOUS idea! I am SOOOO going to be doing that....and soon!

Q'sTortie

5 Year Member
Tampa, Florida
If you can find a small Hibiscus or rose plant that would be great. You can get some succulents too and a nice hang basket of spider plant or boston fern. You can also grow some seeds in the substrate. Just look on the forum in the plant section to find other plants that are safe. I would rinse and clean all plant off and repot them in safer soil. You can then wait for new regrowth before you feed it to your tort :D

BigD9

5 Year Member
Florida
Q said:
If you can find a small Hibiscus or rose plant that would be great. You can get some succulents too and a nice hang basket of spider plant or boston fern. You can also grow some seeds in the substrate. Just look on the forum in the plant section to find other plants that are safe. I would rinse and clean all plant off and repot them in safer soil. You can then wait for new regrowth before you feed it to your tort :D

Alright thanks!
Yes this week i am planning on finding a place to get plants that are not fertlize

Status
Not open for further replies.