Tommy Tortoise Says "Hi, Friends!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyTortoise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central AZ
Hi to everyone,

David & I (Joni) live in Arizona and have a new little buddy, Tommy Tortoise. Last June, we bought a home to fix up and re-sell, and low and behold, Tommy was left behind by the previous owners - all alone! :-( So, we found ourselves to be the proud new parents to a cute little Desert Tortoise! :-> Tommy has given us a tremendous amount of joy and he is so much fun!

Over the last 5 months, we have created a paradise in our backyard for Tommy with all of the good stuff for him to graze and eat! Tommy just came out of hibernation, so we are in the process of creating his new little burrow, so that he can have a permanent home. We gave him a couple of weeks to see where he wanted it and now we are getting ready to construct it to code, according to the AZ Wildlife Commission.

We also, have four Lhasa Opso dogs, who just adore Tommy. They follow him around or just sit close by him to check out what he is up to. They don't bother him and they are not aggressive to him, they are all buddies. Evidently, Tommy must have had a dog(s) as a friend before, because he has no fear or concerns about them. He'll go up to them, sniff them and walk away. It is pretty cute to watch them interact.

David & I are happy to find Tortoise Forum, so that we can learn how to be smart and attentive to Tommy's needs and health. I had no idea that there are so many concerns to the good health of these adorable little creatures!

It will be fun to get to know all of you and share in Tort & Turt Tales & photos, along with sharing knowledge & what makes good sense for Tort/Turt wellness!

Here's to the good health of all Torts & Turts!

P.S. I'll post pics when Tommy wakes up from his afternoon nap! He has a regular routine, and really sticks to it, too! ;->

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Joni:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

Niki

5 Year Member
RE: Tommy Tortoise Says "Hi, Friends!"

Welcome neighbor! I live in Scottsdale, Az.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy your visits.

Status
Not open for further replies.