Too Many Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

October

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Tan Valley, Arizona
I think 2 features would make things much more organized like Z is looking for.

1.) The ability to change post titles to reflect updates.
2.) The ability to edit the original first post. That way instead of burying the new batch of pictures after the last ones, we could have them all in the first post. This would be especially handy in cases like the experiments, or before and after. Everything would be right up front, always.

froghaven5

5 Year Member
New Jersey
October said:
I think 2 features would make things much more organized like Z is looking for.

1.) The ability to change post titles to reflect updates.
2.) The ability to edit the original first post. That way instead of burying the new batch of pictures after the last ones, we could have them all in the first post. This would be especially handy in cases like the experiments, or before and after. Everything would be right up front, always.

This would be very helpful. I also just update 1 of my threads yesterday on OP to see if anyone would comment, and I don't think anyone even looked at it. I would have added/changed title to say pictures added.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My only problem with the "numerous threads" thing is that someone will post a thread, giving all the particulars of the tortoise...habitat, food, light, etc. etc. We all give advice and all is right with the world. Then later, maybe tomorrow, maybe not for a month, that same person comes on, starts a new thread and has another problem, but gives no info about the tortoise, what kind etc., assuming that we all remember their previous thread where all the info was already given. This means I have to go back through this person's posts to find the info before I can answer the current question.

Maybe one solution would be, rather than having to repeat all the info of the previous thread, for the OP to link their original thread in the new thread to make it easier for us to find the old info.

Status
Not open for further replies.