Too small for her age

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Hong Kong
My star tortoise is 3 years old, 4 inches, 148g. Reptile vet said she is way too small for her age. I tried looking online for information on healthy sizes/weights but failed. Please let me know if there's anywhere I can find this, Thanks

Vet also said SHE is a HE, cause the curve is wider at the bottom for the 'organ' to move around during 'intercourse'. Vet the exact words, I cannot write it here, maybe too rude.

I will take a photo and send tomorrow. She/he us sleeping now.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
If your star tortoise is actually male, I would say at 3 years old and 4 inches the tortoise is a really good size...I would go as far as to say he is big for his age. He's not going to get much larger, maybe an inch or two.

The weight seems a little low to me for a 4 inch tortoise. Did the vet perform a fecal exam?

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Are you sure you are measuring the tort correctly, along the bottom of the shell? (sorry, just had to check, you probably are if you took she/he to the vet).
How about posting pics of the shell, especially the bottom?

Sammy

5 Year Member
Hong Kong
Sorry, she is 3.5inches measuring the shell only. Vet said no need to test poo, cause it looks ok. Pics of both tortoises, please advice if they are boys or girls. Thanks

image-3766453303.png

image-2080707489.png

image-2797830242.png

image-896740501.png

Oops I had trouble loading the pics. Duplicated, my 2 tortoises

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Can't tell you anything about the red foot, but the Indian star definitely looks like a male, I would need a better look at the tail to be sure. The size looks good for a 3 year old, I would say you have a very average tortoise.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Sammy said:
Sorry, she is 3.5inches measuring the shell only. Vet said no need to test poo, cause it looks ok.

It LOOKS okay????? Ummm I personally think it's time to find yourself a new Vet. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.