Tort flipped, woosh sound after.

Greta16

Location (City and/or State)
Western Maine
Hermie has flipped over a few times but I've caught it quick. Today I came home from work and found her like that. I immediately flipped her back over and heard a woosh sound. She seemed a bit out of sorts for a few mins. I gave her a warm bath and set her under her head lamp. She's eaten some Mazuri and is making the rounds. The woosh sound is what I'm worried about.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Hope someone can help you. The "woosh" sound may be air being expelled from being "flipped" back upright.
Seems like you need to find out what is causing the flipping over and make the necessary changes to prevent it from happening.

Redfool

5 Year Member
Central Florida
Whoosh sound is a deep exhale from your tort. Sign of stress. They don’t have a flexible rib cage, their ribs are fused to the inside of their shell. Check for rollover traps like those arched hides. They look great but torts think they’re escape ladders.

Greta16

Western Maine
Whoosh sound is a deep exhale from your tort. Sign of stress. They don’t have a flexible rib cage, their ribs are fused to the inside of their shell. Check for rollover traps like those arched hides. They look great but torts think they’re escape ladders.
Thank you. She flipped on a spot that is quite flat, a bit of an incline. She's been walking it for the last 15 months with no problem. This is probably the 3rd time she's flipped since I've had her.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Hermie has flipped over a few times but I've caught it quick. Today I came home from work and found her like that. I immediately flipped her back over and heard a woosh sound. She seemed a bit out of sorts for a few mins. I gave her a warm bath and set her under her head lamp. She's eaten some Mazuri and is making the rounds. The woosh sound is what I'm worried about.

You likely startled the tort when you quickly flipped the tort back over....if you find a victim of a roll over...I have found that if you slowly touch the tort, slowly touch the tort and then put your hand by one of the power feet....then the tort can push off of your hand and right itself, under its own power and speed....

Greta16

Western Maine
You likely startled the tort when you quickly flipped the tort back over....if you find a victim of a roll over...I have found that if you slowly touch the tort, slowly touch the tort and then put your hand by one of the power feet....then the tort can push off of your hand and right itself, under its own power and speed....
The other couple of times I've found her that way I've been home all day so I've known she wasn't like that long. This time I had just gotten home from work so all I could think was she could have been that way for hours. I panicked.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
The other couple of times I've found her that way I've been home all day so I've known she wasn't like that long. This time I had just gotten home from work so all I could think was she could have been that way for hours. I panicked.

Totally understandable :)