Tort has eaten Lily - help please.

Susieq16

Location (City and/or State)
Derby
My 4 year old Mediterranean tort has eaten half a Lily petal and is due to hibernate in 2 days. I have read they're toxic, I'm not sure what to do. He hasn't eaten for 7 days in prep for hibernation. He appears ok... Any advice would be appreciated, has never happened before.
Thanks

Susieq16

Derby
Thanks for your quick reply! Yes, its definitely the Lilium spp. I was worried at it doesnt tell you what to do if something is eaten. I'll soak him tomorrow, and then he'll have 24hrs before hibernating. Thanks for your help.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Thanks for your quick reply! Yes, its definitely the Lilium spp. I was worried at it doesnt tell you what to do if something is eaten. I'll soak him tomorrow, and then he'll have 24hrs before hibernating. Thanks for your help.

Maybe @JoesMum can provide some of her knowledge on both the lily and the brumation of your tort.

Good luck.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I was just wondering why the tortoise is trying to eat if the little guy is trying to hibernate.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Phil’s looking okay, and gone into hibernation yesterday. Many thanks for your help, it’s much appreciated.
Fun name. :) I've never met a tortoise named Phil! Is there a story behind the choice of name?

Susieq16

Derby
Fun name. :) I've never met a tortoise named Phil! Is there a story behind the choice of name?
My son named him, he had Phil as a birthday present a few years ago. We’re not entirely sure what sex he is, so he’s Philip (Phil) for now, and if “he’s” a female, he’ll be Philomena, so still Phil :)