Tort Play pen

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arkansas
Thats pretty cool, would work really well for small species and hatchlings. :) I dont see any pricing though, could be a little pricey. Should be able to make it fairly inexpensively though. ;)

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
yah something like that would be great for a hatchling!

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
the lady i adopted my DTs from had a pen just like that. she made it from some 2x6s and chicken wire. it was small enough to be moved around the yard for optimum sunlight exposure and fresh grass.

Coldliz

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I wish it had a price listed. I've seen ones like that for baby chicks. It was made of plastic though.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
This is same as ones you can make for grazing house rabbits. I've seen alot of these in my area. Not difficult to make.

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
They also have a new tortoise table that can go inside or out. 3'x2'x12" not bad for small torts. I guess they are finally trying to help keep torts out of tanks.

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I called zoomed today and asked them when they would be instores and they said they are available now, they are just waiting for stores to buy them.

wayne.bob

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
iowa
i too talked to zoomed but they have yet to respond.

LLLReptile.com has the tort table but not the play pen

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Yikes, that is pricey...I could build 10 of those for that price. So much for getting people use those instead of tanks..

wayne.bob

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
iowa
exactly what i was thinking

Coldliz

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
That is quite pricey! It's too bad, something like that at the right price would be a great product for "newbies" and for the people (like me) who are building-it-yourself impaired!

PATMAN

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
I like the Zoo Med Tortoise House, pictured below.

I don't think the price is too bad when you consider is has a top and it locks, which most people don't put on their pens. The size isn't bad at 2 ft wide by 3 ft long by 1 ft. high. I will probably buy a few of these since I don't have the time to build them myself, which I have done in the past.

PATMAN

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
The only place I could find it is the site you mentioned earlier.

At LLLReptile it is $149.00
link: LLLreptile.com

Since they have just come out, it may take awhile before other retailers have them.

wayne.bob

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
iowa
it is a nice looking house! but my problem with it is i can build one for allot less. i would probably buy one for baby torts though

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
That is really neat! I dont think I'll buy one, but I'm sure i could make one. My Sulcata would love that :)

K9KidsLove

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
drgnfly2265 said:
That is really neat! I dont think I'll buy one, but I'm sure i could make one. My Sulcata would love that :)

If I decide to make some for my youngsters, I would make it with wire on the bottom too. Just use wire with holes a bit smaller than the tort so he can't get thru it. That way he can munch on grass while he is sunning himself.
Patsy

Talking Hands

5 Year Member
Those tort pens really nice. Rubbermaid container good idea also but one thing notice with all these, torts not able graze. One those pens on there open on bottom and that good. BUT, something happen me w/my russians, torts able escape. Well, unless put cover on bottom. Even if like chicken wire, still limit some grazing. Me have 3 dogs, live in house but go outside for play or potty. Torts only hatchlings so need bring in house indoor pen. These movable/collapsable outdoor pens great, but me thinking safety also. Any suggestions about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.