Tort very weak (dying?)

ReptileLover9355

Location (City and/or State)
Syria
Hi, my tort Coke (cause he always has white stuff around his nose because of the substrate), has been kinda sick lately. The same thing happened to my previous tort, but he lived a long 3 months. I feed them weeds and a variety of vegetables, so is it the diet or substrate that is causing this?

Thanks

William Lee Kohler

5 Year Member
Eugene, OR
If you put more than a pinch a couple times a week that could be your problem and as mentioned deadly.? Also do you soak them every day or at least every other day? This is necessary for good health and shell growth.

franklin444

U.S.A
Wait, you aren't using that calcium powder as substrate. Your tortoise WILL DIE if you use that. What kind of lighting do you have. What are the enclosure dimensions. That calcium powder is meant to sprinkle onto food never as substrate. You need to change what you are doing or your poor tortoise wll die.

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Malverne, NY
Notice the OP hasn't come back... I would assume he wasn't serious

Crush da Baum

Brooksville
Notice how he said “long” three months and named his pet coke possibly referring to an illegal substance. I think he is just trolling.

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Notice how he said “long” three months and named his pet coke possibly referring to an illegal substance. I think he is just trolling.
I think if he was referring to the illegal substance.. he wouldnt be very lethargic. Hed be looking like the road runner haha