Tortellini’s accident - choking

turtlemom5

Location (City and/or State)
Marvel CO
Your tortoise's choking/suffocation is similar to that with people. As you lose consciousness your muscles relax. If a person is too large or is flailing around uncontrollably, you wait till they pass out and then you can assist. It's scary but it works. Of course a person should receive medical care after a choking/suffocation incident.

Tortellini5

Santa Monica, CA
Your tortoise's choking/suffocation is similar to that with people. As you lose consciousness your muscles relax. If a person is too large or is flailing around uncontrollably, you wait till they pass out and then you can assist. It's scary but it works. Of course a person should receive medical care after a choking/suffocation incident.
Yes sadly I think that is what happened and he relaxed a little and that’s when I was able to get him out. The vet said all looked good with him and it’s been a few days now and everything has been normal Tortellini behavior, eating lots and good poops.

OliveW

Branford, FL
Wow, thank you so much for sharing this experience!

As a complete newbie, I really needed to know that human objects are NOT safe, even when they appear to be harmless. I have SO MUCH to learn, and I'm so glad to see this so early on in my journey.