Status
Not open for further replies.

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Location (City and/or State)
Ventura County, CA
Not sure if I can actually make the images appear here or not, but am gonna do my bestest: it's really looking lush, and my tort's LOVE to be outside. Of course, I still do not just leave them there alone (fear of crows and hawk's carrying off with one of my babes is my primary reason) but hang outside with them too ~

Okie, here goes nothing!

I usually sit here in this right hand corner as that allows me to see both 'side 1' & 'side 2' ~

This rock & natural wood wall makes a great place for the tort's to cool down & kick back for a while.. add in the tall plants & big strawberry leaves, and there are a ton of natural 'hides'. The pool is just a ceramic quiche dish & it works great; easy to remove, sanitize & replace ~

This is side 2, and again, between the grasses, succulants & strawberries, my leopards love roving about, 'specially on this side.

Here's lil' MR Sweeetheart chowing upon the strawberry plants; see his lil' heart on his left shoulder? Too cute!

This is my female, Ms. Snortie Tortie. She is a full-on piglet & this pic showed just how much she loves her strawberries, LOL; Busted!

These are the shamrocks I have spoken of (if Ms. Snortie had her way, I'd plant these in the ground so she could devour them... I swear these
shamrocks are her all-time favorite leaves to munch!)

Okie, well, hopefully that worked. And just in case it didn't, you can view them on my website by clicking this link:

http://www.pbase.com/purpod/tortie

Since I plant things which they will eat, I get to continually work on their township; alot of fun for this purpod peep!

Blessings,
Purpod

It's sometimes frustrating to be so electronically challenged! Grrr.. well, click on the site if you'd like to see the images.. SORRY!!!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Good evening Purpod :)
Wow, I really like your tortie town! You did an amazing job :D. I am sure your tortoises are loving it! It must be very nice to just sit there, relax and looking at the torts.
Thanks for sharing :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oh, Colleen!! That's just beautiful. And your little leopard is just as cute as can be. What a peaceful garden.

Yvonne

M

Maggie Cummings

Go here ...http://tinypic.com/?t=postupload, and click on browse that will take you to your computer where you have your pictures, after you click on the picture you want it will take you back to tinyurl, then you click on upload now, copy the code where it reads " IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards"
then you copy the code numbers and you paste those numbers here like this... and this is what happens:
you get a picture of Queenie who recently came to live with me because she said Danny is too busy with his other tortoises and babies to pay any attention to her. She is much too regal and elegant to be ignored, so she ran away from home and hopped on a plane and came here to live with me in the PacificNorthWest...
fm6vte.jpg

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
What a beautiful baby you have and her shell Wow! The enclosure is so calming I love it. :)

laurun3

5 Year Member
Chicago, IL
Wow that enclosure looks really good, lots of edible treats. You must have a green thumb!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Purpod, how beautiful your garden has grown. Your torties must be in heaven living there. It is quite the peaceful looking place. Great Job.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Now why on earth can i not see the pics....all I'm seeing is the image code. DARN Dubai !!!!! Sounds wonderful Purpod!

Gulf Coast

5 Year Member
Mississippi Gulf Coast
Stazz click this link ---> http://www.pbase.com/purpod/tortie it will take you to her pictures..

OH my I love your garden,,, and I love the fact that if IF they did get out of the one area they would still fall into the space around the garden.. Its like an extra safety zone.. How tall is the out wall?

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
YAY thanks for the link ! :D

Purpod, what a fairy paradise you have there !!!!! I am sure your little torts are SO super happy there. I love it !!!! And they're so lovely too :)

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
Wow! I surely was not expecting this many compliments!! :cool: You peeps are much too kind, truly.

And Magg, thanx for the info; I will give it a try when I have a bit more time. I always post images on my website; can those be used the same way that the photo bucket is used? I really appreciate your help with this ~

Yeah, Robbie, can you believe how well it has filled in? :D Those desert tort grasses really took off; I trim them periodically with scissors. It can be a bit hard on the old back, but hey, for my family, a sore back is well worth it! It's really amazing how well everything has come together over the past 2 years!

GC, the outer wall is waist high, so yes, there is no way for them to actually escape even if they were to somehow climb out. Thus far, tho, they are so happy to cruise around, munching and sunning, that I have never witnessed one escaping (well.. 'cept when it was first created, but that was fine with me, as it showed me where the weak spots were in their side of the mini garden area.)

You know, Lauren, I love cacti & succulents ~ but if you try to give me most any other plant, my thumb is surely purpod! I do have a mini pomegranite tree that I have yet to kill, as well as two Christmas trees (1 from last year and the other from the year before), but honestly, it's only 'cuz the desert-like plants are so hardy that I'm any good with them, lol.

Thank Goodness for the sun coming out yesterday & today; Snortie & MR Sweetheart had a great time in there for hours yesterday. And I really do enjoy working on it; planting always gives me a peaceful, grounded feeling & now I get to plant for them; it's perfect, lol!

Anyways, really, you humble me with the compliments! :shy: I'm just blessed to have this 10X10 area all to myself (Considering we live in crappy apartments!) In about 18 months, we will be moving, but this should hold us for a while :p

Have a spectacular day, everyone, and once again, thanx ~
Purpod

Status
Not open for further replies.