Tortoise acting very lethargic

Rocky219

Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
Hi everyone! Sorry if I make a lot of posts lol but my 4-5 year old female torotise Rocky has recently been acting very lethargic. It started suddenly about a week ago. She spent the whole day burrowed under the basking light and has been doing it everyday since. I have increased the 100 watt light to 150 watt. My temperature guns are getting readings of 100 to 110. However she is still always burrowed under there. I also replaced my T5 UVB with a new one in case that was causing her to be lethargic. She is eating fine and pooping fine. Could this be parasites? A typical day for her before all this would be her basking some then walking around the enclosure and eating. Now she spends all day burrowed beneath the light and only comes out for food. I give her 3 or 4 soaks a week and the humidity is usually in the mid 60s. I feed her escarole, chicory, bok chocolate, mustard greens, collard greens, testudo seed mix, mazuri 2 or 3 times a week and calcium 2 or 3 times a week. The thing that's puzzling me the most is why she's always under the basking light even though it's hot enough. Any responses are appreciated and feel free to ask questions!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi
What species is Rocky?
Sometimes they burrow if too hot.
if you post pics of her enclosure members can see if there's anything else that can be affecting her behaviour. It's a good sign of she's eating and pooping OK.
I may be misunderstanding you, but can you explain what you mean by ' ............she's always under the basking light even though it's hot enough.'

Rocky219

Massachusetts
Hi
What species is Rocky?
Sometimes they burrow if too hot.
if you post pics of her enclosure members can see if there's anything else that can be affecting her behaviour. It's a good sign of she's eating and pooping OK.
I may be misunderstanding you, but can you explain what you mean by ' ............she's always under the basking light even though it's hot enough.'
Thank you so much for responding! I cant post pics right now but its a 4x8 enclosure and the bedding is cypress mulch and coconut fiber. She is a Hermann Tortoise. I mean that all day she is burrowed under the basking light which I think is unusual since the temperatures are correct. Usually with these temperatures she isn't hanging out burrowed under the basking light all day. Since I've increased the wattage if anything I would've expected her to go in the cool end but she still spends all day under the basking light without moving much at all. I hope that helped clarify :)