tortoise bites

Status
Not open for further replies.

girlnamedkyle

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Cape Cod, MA
Hi I have had my russian Koopa for a few weeks now. She loves eating and "runs" over everyday when I give her food. Now if I put my hand in her table she tries to bite me! I think it started after I hand fed her a teeny piece of apple.. maybe my fingers look like tasty apple treats :) anyway, my question is will it hurt if she does bite me? Her mouth looks pretty intense and she opens it really wide, very dinosaurish. Im just curious, not worried, she doesnt try to bite if im holding her. Thanks!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
LOL....I don't think you will lose a finger or anything,....however, if she gets a good ole clamp down---it pinches a bit....I have been accidentally chomped a couple times from the adult CDTs here ...it is more of a startle than an injury...luckily that is...I would just avoid hand feeding and looking off for even a moment...lol :D

babylove6635

5 Year Member
girlnamedkyle said:
Hi I have had my russian Koopa for a few weeks now. She loves eating and "runs" over everyday when I give her food. Now if I put my hand in her table she tries to bite me! I think it started after I hand fed her a teeny piece of apple.. maybe my fingers look like tasty apple treats :) anyway, my question is will it hurt if she does bite me? Her mouth looks pretty intense and she opens it really wide, very dinosaurish. Im just curious, not worried, she doesnt try to bite if im holding her. Thanks!

just like they said its more of a startle than pain and i have never had the skin broke its kinda fun to see if my sasha will bite

Status
Not open for further replies.