tortoise biting and getting on ones back

happy&joy

First, you should separate them into their own enclosures. Tortoises should not be kept in pairs.

Next, tell us what species and show us pics of the tails and anal scutes, so that we can verify what we're dealing with here.
i showed it here , go check it out ! Thanks :)

hingeback

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Malaysia
They are probably fighting and also you should not be mixing species.

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
the one in the first pic is definitely a water turtle. the other im not so sure about can you get a better pic of it? like above and from the side and the face?

happy&joy

im worried the second picture is a tortoise which shouldn't be submerged in water for long periods of time they are dry land but i can't tell for sure

yes they are different species

oh my god i am thankful for you to tell me that !

happy&joy

im worried the second picture is a tortoise which shouldn't be submerged in water for long periods of time they are dry land but i can't tell for sure

yes they are different species
they are not fully submerged. the water level is at the tip of their side shell.

hingeback

5 Year Member
Malaysia
Those two are where they are staying all the time? Is it indoors or outdoors?

hingeback

5 Year Member
Malaysia
Both are different species. The first one is a red eared slider, second one is a Chinese striped-necked turtle.

happy&joy

Yup, their enclosures are way too small. They need a pond(a shallow one would do) and they need land too. They can't stay in the water forever.
pond .... is there any other enclosures ... my balcony is not that big to have a pond