Tortoise boarding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Broomfield, Colorado
I read in another post that someone is boarding her tortoises while she's on vacation. Is it really possible to board tortoises the way you board cats and dogs? And is the quality of care good?

We will be going on vacation for 2 weeks in August, and were going to have our neighbors just come in and care for the tortoises everyday while we're gone. Is boarding a good alternative to that?

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
My vet does it. It cost per day about as much as a dog or cat. I don't know if they give discounts for mulitples.. I just know that they do it. They are a big Vet Center with boarding and training. You might find something similar in your area.

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
spain
I do boarding for reptiles, I charge 10 euros each per week in summer and 15 in winter.
All have to be wormed and given a health check before the owner leaves them.
They all have UV lighting and heating in the winter

Some torts are okay with it, others not so! I usually adapt to each tort, if the tort normlly walks around the house then they have the run of the kitchen, others are housed in cages of different sizes, depending on the size of the tort,
But it's a long way for you too come.:D:D:D

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Yvonne...wish you were in PHX AZ. I am dreading trying to find someone that I can trust to "babysit" the next time we take a vacation. Your rates are very reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.