Tortoise enclosure

Albee vw

Location (City and/or State)
Indonesia
Hi I very appreciate for your warm greetings since I'm new . Honestly i'm a lil bit confused about tortoise enclosure. Should it be the same as the wild? Or I can make it as simple as I can since the humidity and temperature fixed? Please and thank you for your help

Note: I've send one file and that's my tortoise enclosure

IMG_20181213_080153.jpg

drew54

Indiana
What are your temps? And that red light isn't good as it can cause the tort to think it's substrate is food and eat it.

Albee vw

Indonesia
What are your temps? And that red light isn't good as it can cause the tort to think it's substrate is food and eat it.

My temps usually 30°C with humidity 80% - 85%. And for red light some have told me about that too, I want to change it but can you tell me which bulb that's good for tortoise?
- Thank you

drew54

Indiana
My temps usually 30°C with humidity 80% - 85%. And for red light some have told me about that too, I want to change it but can you tell me which bulb that's good for tortoise?
- Thank you

Flood bulbs are good. You don't want to use a spot bulb of any kind as it desiccates the carapce. Mvb are known to do the same and cause pyramiding. Essentially, get a bulb that spreads the heat out instead of all the heat focused in one spot. Spots and mvb are give intense heat.

Albee vw

Indonesia
Flood bulbs are good. You don't want to use a spot bulb of any kind as it desiccates the carapce. Mvb are known to do the same and cause pyramiding. Essentially, get a bulb that spreads the heat out instead of all the heat focused in one spot. Spots and mvb are give intense heat.

Thank you for your help answering my questions I'll search the bulb