Tortoise Girl's Diaper Cake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
Some time ago my best girlfriend got married. She had always wanted a Russian Tortoise, so that was my wedding gift to her. He went on the gift table in a small glass aquarium wrapped in black and white ribbons and bows. Lets just say he was a "hit" and all the guests loved seeing this unique present!

Fast forward, this same girlfriend is having her baby shower this Saturday. She is having her second girl and requested diapers be the primary gifts. She already has an abundance (no joke) of girls accessories and clothes and wants what she actually needs...diapers!

I made her this diaper cake as her gift. She gets 100 diapers, a pretty and pink girlie "cake" decoration for the day AND the best part is baby Alice will have her very own tortoise to snuggle and drool on when she arrives!!

It was fun to make and I can't wait to take it to the party!

Hope you turtle fans enjoy ;)

(the pictures aren't the best...taken at 10:00 at night but excited to share!)

242zgk2.jpg

the extra diapers are still going to her, in the matching bag
2wn4dvb.jpg

97nnye.jpg

the tortoise shell is a flower :) perfect for a girl!
314up9k.jpg

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Very pretty, very creative, very thoughtful and I just love it! You would be a wonderful person to have for a friend. I would always be excited to see what you would be coming up with next.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
Wow, you have some wonderful creativity. I have problems even wrapping a present, I would rather give it in a target bag (no joke). I know it's tacky, but I'm working on it! My girlfriend is super creative an is really particular about her wrapping and presentation, like what it looks as in your present! She worked at a floral shop for 4 years so presentation is a must.
Great job and I'm sure your friend will absolutely love it!

Sulcata (Dexter)
Russian (Ezek)

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Heather this is just the BOMB!! She will love it. And the Gund turtle will last until she is a teenager! My grandkids still have the Gund toys I got for them when they were born. Each one slept with theirs for years. (and secretly still do, haha) :cool:

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Re: RE: Tortoise Girl's Diaper Cake

DesertGrandma said:
Heather this is just the BOMB!! She will love it. And the Gund turtle will last until she is a teenager! My grandkids still have the Gund toys I got for them when they were born. Each one slept with theirs for years. (and secretly still do, haha) :cool:

Thanks grandma!

I hope the baby ends up liking the turtle. Glad to hear its durable. If she kept it into her childhood I would feel so special

oliviaTORTOISE

5 Year Member
I would be so happy if I opened a gift and a tortoise was inside!!!! :D that was so considerate!!! She must be really lucky! ;) I just keep thinking of that idea and it makes me so happy!!!!!

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I should ask her if the photographers got any photos of the turtle on the gift table. Silly me forgot to take any!

Heather
Sent from my Android TFO app

Status
Not open for further replies.