Tortoise has puffy eye with a white dot

Comalza

Location (City and/or State)
Uk
Hi. My tortoise was attacked by a team of ants but luckily I was able to get to her as soon as it happened. I managed to wash all the ants off her however one got in her eye which I also managed to wash out eventually. It has just been over a week since the incident took place and I have noticed my tortoise has developed a white dot in her eye. I have been using terramycin on her eye hoping that will heal her eye but I still feel like she is maybe in discomfort some days due to her eye. She is eating well as well as peeing and pooping. I also bath her daily. I will book her an appointment with a vet soon but if anyone can shed some knowledge on her eye it would be great. Thank you!

Comalza

Uk
Hi..I have attached the pic below.

Attachments

• 20181023_004519.jpg
    20181023_004519.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 32

Brit G

Texas
Strangely sounds like an ulcer even though I see you already have her on tobramycin. Your description and cause match perfectly. They turn ugly in 2 days or less, and sounds like it's already down that path. Hopefully a vet will shed more light on it! *EDITED

Comalza

Uk
Hi Brit. Thank you for your help. That white dot in her eye has been there for a few days now and has not grown in size. Are you sure it could be an ucler? Could it be dry puss by any chance? I will definitely take her to the vet tomorrow.

Brit G

Texas
Zooming in to your picture, it does look less like an ulcer. Hopefully it is not.
Hi Brit. Thank you for your help. That white dot in her eye has been there for a few days now and has not grown in size. Are you sure it could be an ucler? Could it be dry puss by any chance? I will definitely take her to the vet tomorrow.

Comalza

Uk
Hi Brit. I was cleaning her eye today and noticed the white dot moves so I managed to clean it out of her eye. So glad it wasn't an ulcer! Not to sure what it was in fact. Either way her eye look much better. I will continue to clean it daily. Would you recommend to continue with the terramycin ointment or shall I leave it now since the white stuff has come out.

Brit G

Texas
Glad to hear! My suggestion is to continue for just a day or two. While extra antibiotics couldnt hurt per se, putting in medications can be a stresser on the animal. Even so, with that piece gone, I would suggest continuing for a day or two. If you notice any changes from the improvement, you could continue longer or take to a vet for reevaluation. Best of luck!
Hi Brit. I was cleaning her eye today and noticed the white dot moves so I managed to clean it out of her eye. So glad it wasn't an ulcer! Not to sure what it was in fact. Either way her eye look much better. I will continue to clean it daily. Would you recommend to continue with the terramycin ointment or shall I leave it now since the white stuff has come out.