Tortoise hatching, yearling, Juvenile and adult, white powder urinates

Location (City and/or State)
Chennai
Is white powdered urinate is okay among hatchling, juvenile and adult tortoises??
Why do they discharge it and any particular reason,..
And how long they can continue to discharge white powder urniates?
Any harmfulness going on inside the tortoise system?
If yes how do we cure it?

This thread would help many who has this doubts.

Experts and owner please pich in detaily.

Many many thanks in advance!! ?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Urates is fine. Some tortoises have it almost all the time some don't discharge it at all.
If it is smooth like a tooth paste then it is fine. If its gritty or hard at all then the tortoise is dehydrated and needs attention asap.
Keeping proper humidity and giving daily soaks/hatchlings, once a week or so soaks/juveniles and once a month or so/adults and water to drink and self soak in available 24/7 should give properly smooth urates.

Chennai
Urates is fine. Some tortoises have it almost all the time some don't discharge it at all.
If it is smooth like a tooth paste then it is fine. If its gritty or hard at all then the tortoise is dehydrated and needs attention asap.
Keeping proper humidity and giving daily soaks/hatchlings, once a week or so soaks/juveniles and once a month or so/adults and water to drink and self soak in available 24/7 should give properly smooth urates.
I checked it,. I felt like semi powder and i felt some tiny crystals in it, so itseems they are dehydrated.. but still i soak them morning and evening for more than 30mins or 1 hrs. I give spinless cactus along with hibiscus and mulberry leaves daily morning and evening.

Is there anything else i should follow and addon somthing else to their diet.

Seasonal food includes ladiesfinger, longbeans, romain lettuce. Say for every two weeks once i give them...

Please advice !!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
What species are they?
How are they housed?
What are the temps, day, night, basking.
Post pics of them and their enclosure.
Try to add more food variety.
I would soak them twice a day for at least 30 minutes and be sure they have a shallow water dish they can easily get to and fit into if they want to self soak. Keep doing the twice a day soak until urates are not gritty.
How long have you had them?