Tortoise Heat Mat/Pig Blanket

Bestcoast

5 Year Member
Hello! I am looking to source a heating pad for my leopard tortoise. He's roughly 15 pounds and has an outdoor enclosure with a ceramic bulb but I would like to add the heat pad to it. His enclosure is long so ideally I would like the lamp at the back and the pad at the front where the entrance is. The enclosure is an odd size and only 17" wide. All the heat pads I have found seem to start at 18" square. Are there any manufacturers who make smaller sizes or custom sizes?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Here’s one, 13.5” wide and 48” long... just make sure there is plenty of interior space so your tort can be in a cooler area too.

Bestcoast

5 Year Member
Here’s one, 13.5” wide and 48” long... just make sure there is plenty of interior space so your tort can be in a cooler area too.

I did see this one but the enclosure is 17" wide x 31" long. I should have included that in the original post.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I did see this one but the enclosure is 17" wide x 31" long. I should have included that in the original post.
That's too small. Time to build another one. :)

I like to have it large enough to fit the heat mat and still have room for the tortoise to be inside the warm box, but still off the heat mat. Like this: