1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

Tortoise Library Updates

Discussion in 'Personal Promotion' started by Madkins007, May 22, 2012.

Help Support Tortoise Forums by donating:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Madkins007

Madkins007 Well-Known Member Moderator 10 Year Member!

Location (City and/or State):
    Nebraska
    I'm going to make several changes in the structure of the Library in the next several months. The goal will be to end up with each common pet species of tortoise and terrestrial turtle to have its own index page.

The index page will offer an overview of the cares, then link you to other Library pages or off-site links for more details on things like natural history, breeding, diet, and so forth.

So far, I have redone the Diet section to make this plan work more easily. I can now link a tortoise to whichever general diet plan is best for them- herbivore or omnivore, and I have redone and shortened some other articles.

Husbandry is going to be next, and I have some interesting ideas for that.

Please look it over and let me know what you think so far! (Link is in my signature below)

(I can also use contributors, researchers, collaborators, proofers, etc.! If you know how I can improve traffic or even monetize the thing, let me know!)
  2. StudentoftheReptile

StudentoftheReptile Active Member 5 Year Member

Alabama
    (These ads do not appear for registered members.)
    I think it looks good so far.

As far as improving traffic, I know not everyone is for it, but Facebook is a good advertising tool if you implement it well.
  3. Madkins007

Madkins007 Well-Known Member Moderator 10 Year Member!

Nebraska