Tortoise lump - advice pls :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparkle

5 Year Member
My Russian has developed a hard lump on the corner of his mouth ..... Hopefully you can see it in the photo's? It's on the bottom left corner of his mouth and sticks out quite a bit. He is great in himself, quite active and great appetite. Does anyone know what this lump might be?

image-2980494219.png

image-2379132432.png

image-2620542740.png

Thanks

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio USA
I really have no clue!!??
You should get a reply from
someone that can help.
It is a good sign he is still
eating.
Good luck!

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
hi, i dont know, but wish him the best. hes such a cutie. someone will help you. hang on.

sparkle

5 Year Member
Thank you both :)

Fingers crossed someone will know what it might be x

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Is it at all soft? or is it kinda soft but not squishy?...is there any discharge from it? and when (how long ago) did you first notice it---and since then has it grown steadily??

sparkle

5 Year Member
It's fairly hard, to be honest it looks / feels what I imagine a wart to be like. I first noticed it about 4 - 5 days ago. There is no discharge that I have seen.

Oh my god, the really weird thing is that I have just been to check the lump again, and it has fallen off lol!

He seems to have been covering a dry cut/damage to the corner of his jaw ...... So I assume it was as a result of some sort of injury?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Oh, well then--that settles one problem :D I would not be sure to flush the spot with warm water and keep an eye on it...if you want you can clean a few times a day with warm water flushes and follow up with a dab of neosporen from a q-tip on that spot...also, just keep an eye to assure that there are not other spots starting around the mouth as well,,,,you can also take a peek inside the mouth to make sure that there are no additional spots inside of the mouth....

I would not be sure

OOOOppps...please disregard this word...lol
I meant "I would be sure"

danduc

5 Year Member
Mine had something similar to it, both side. After a while it did fall of. Vet said it was a form of Condyloma. I was given some antibiotic cream to apply in the affected area and it worked great. It was gone in about 6 days.

danduc

sparkle

5 Year Member
Hi,

Yeah looking at it today, there is just a dry crack underneath where the lump was. I will monitor him closely and check it is healing. Thanks so much for taking the time to reply to me!

:)

Ansh

5 Year Member
Cambridge, UK
Hi. My baby star had something very similar that settled on its own. The vet thought it was a middle ear abscess. I was told to keep a close eye to make sure that it doesn't recur. Apparently tortoises are prone to these abscesses. There's quite a lot of info on this on the web. Really glad your tort is doing fine!!

Status
Not open for further replies.