Tortoise Nightmares

Cicitina

Location (City and/or State)
Ontario, Canada
Just curious if anyone else experiences nightmares about their tortoises?
Every other week I’m having weird nightmares about something being wrong with my tortoise, usually his shell getting stepped on or completely peeling off.
Last night it was being at a family farm (I grew up on) and he was in a makeshift shoebox with no hide and kept climbing out. Somehow he got baked yet survived. Next thing you know someone threw the shoebox in an outdoor garbage can thinking it was trash so I started screaming while my aunt was digging through it to find him.
I wake up and immediately have to run to check on him and he’s always content my just sitting in his enclosure and looks up at me like “what?”

Sulcata96

Minnesota
I've had nightmares about mine dying. He's a rescue, so there's all sorts of things wrong with him, so I guess he's more vulnerable to that than other torts. I'm always afraid I'm going to find him dead, even though he's healthy(ish), so I get nightmares sometimes.

Aloysius Taschse

Mainly Texas
I was thinking about posting a thread like this a few weeks ago but I forgot about it. When Kiwi was around I had nightmares of her falling down holes, or one where I let her go swimming (I don't know why I dreamed this) and she got sucked into a water pump. It felt so good to wake up and find her content and I made sure these types of things never would happen too her.

Cicitina

Ontario, Canada
I've had nightmares about mine dying. He's a rescue, so there's all sorts of things wrong with him, so I guess he's more vulnerable to that than other torts. I'm always afraid I'm going to find him dead, even though he's healthy(ish), so I get nightmares sometimes.

I have those too so I’m always checking on him every morning to make sure he’s still alive and well

Cicitina

Ontario, Canada
I was thinking about posting a thread like this a few weeks ago but I forgot about it. When Kiwi was around I had nightmares of her falling down holes, or one where I let her go swimming (I don't know why I dreamed this) and she got sucked into a water pump. It felt so good to wake up and find her content and I made sure these types of things never would happen too her.

Don’t you wake up sick to your stomach over it?!?

Aloysius Taschse

Mainly Texas
Not really. I've seen plenty of worse things like my dad who face planted into the ground and broke his nose while cycling. It swelled up and bled so much he looked like rudolph. If that happened to a tortoise in real life however, I would probably freak out.

zolasmum

5 Year Member
I dream that our tortoise is missing, and that I am wandering through an unfamiliar very strange rocky place where there are lots of tortoises - I keep lifting stones up to see if he is underneath, looking into gaps, calling him( not that he would be likely to take any notice of that !) and generally getting more and more frantic - in the end I wake up feeling really shaken, and have to go to check on him before I can risk going to sleep again. I know it couldn't really happen, but still...

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
I had a dream where I was soaking both of my tortoise in their enclosures like I normally do, But I forgot about them and went to work. I came home after work, remembered and ran to their houses. Both of them looked like you or I might after being in water for so long. Their shells were pruney and not hard any more, but squishy and both where pale. Both where still alive, but barely and I just remembered balling my eyes out. I woke up and ran to check on them. Both gave me the wtf look too lol

Cicitina

Ontario, Canada
I had a dream where I was soaking both of my tortoise in their enclosures like I normally do, But I forgot about them and went to work. I came home after work, remembered and ran to their houses. Both of them looked like you or I might after being in water for so long. Their shells were pruney and not hard any more, but squishy and both where pale. Both where still alive, but barely and I just remembered balling my eyes out. I woke up and ran to check on them. Both gave me the wtf look too lol

This made me laugh, although that would be terrifying to see